Sound Forge Pro 14 Upgrade £109.00

antler

Suite upgrade is availlable also , guyz it says ara 2 supported , doesnt it mean it support ara 2 3 rd partyy stuff or does soundforge is integrated for exelple in studio one like melodyne ...? 

Edited by Zo

9 hours ago, Zo said:

Suite upgrade is availlable also , guyz it says ara 2 supported , doesnt it mean it support ara 2 3 rd partyy stuff or does soundforge is integrated for exelple in studio one like melodyne ...? 

To me, it appears that Melodyne and SpectraLayers pro7 can be used in SoundForge14 through ARA2.  Those 2 programs appear in the 'Tools' menu.  Curious RevoicePro4 doesn't appear here.  

Currently it doesn't appear that SoundForge14 works directly in ARA2 with StudioOnev5, but if I edit a clip with SpectraLayers 7 (through ARA2 in SOv5), I can then further edit the clip with an 'external editor' such as SoundForge14.  Then save it back into SLpro7, and finally into SOv5.  

Perhaps there is an easier work around for this right now.  Seems to me that all computer programs are parts and pieces of an overarching computer super-program that we are ever so slowly coming to discover/develop.  

• Great Idea 1

Just now, kitekrazy said:

The problem with having licenses of Magix software it becomes a money pit to keep up to date.

Other than the recent Samplitude how many upgrades say "I gotta get this"?

Despite that huge fact, I've managed to keep the upgrade cost down by selling 
off the extras...i.e...in the case of Samplitude I would buy the current offer at $199,
which is the standard upgrade price for the Suite, and then sell off all the extras
except Spectral Layers Pro 7, which my upgrade from 6 would be $79.  Granted
they are a hard sell, but they do eventually sell, you just have to patient.  I always
wait for a "deal" that I can make work to keep the cost as low as possible.

Recently I bought the upgrade to Acid Pro 10 for $79 because it included Melodyne
Essential, and they advertised that it included Convology XT Complete, but when I 
received the serial #'s , Convology wasn't there.  I fought with them, and they refused
to give it to me, so I made them refund my order.

You just have to play "the game", which is what it is to them also...

Melodyne Essential comes free with most DAWs. This is another one where I have plenty of licenses.  Essentials 4 to 5 is a free upgrade. 

Acid Pro is the real money pit.   Even at $79 that's not worth it when a new upgrade will happen in less than 18 months.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Melodyne Essential comes free with most DAWs. This is another one where I have plenty of licenses.  Essentials 4 to 5 is a free upgrade. 

Acid Pro is the real money pit.   Even at $79 that's not worth it when a new upgrade will happen in less than 18 months.

Yep...had I received the Convology XT and Melodyne Essentials, I could have lowered that price to about $29...
But I'm not paying even the sale price of $79...let alone the regular upgrade price of $99...not happening!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 5:19 PM, kitekrazy said:

The problem with having licenses of Magix software it becomes a money pit to keep up to date.

Other than the recent Samplitude how many upgrades say "I gotta get this"?

The problem is less the money pit and more the fact that they barely add anything while charging these upgrade costs.  I wouldn't pay anything to upgrade from SFP12 if you have that, personally.  There isn't enough there to justify it, and I don't really need those value-adds.

The recent Samplitude was a pretty small upgrade off of X4, and certainly not worth the $199-250 that they are selling it at.  Basically, the only reason to get that is if you want one or two of the bundled applications (SFP13, SLP7, Convology).  iZotope Elements... who hasn't gotten them all for free?  They were all given away multiple times this year.

IMO, the only thing that would have gotten me to upgrade Sound Forge Pro in lieu of jumping on the WaveLab Pro Anniversary Sale would ahve been them making SFP an ARA2 Plugin that you could use from other DAWs.

But, I'm not going back, now that I have finally purged MAGIX's software from my DAW.

-----

ACID Pro would have been more useful if it had a full ReWire implementation.  As a standalone DAW, it's anemic.  But it could have been very useful as a secondary if you could pipe each track in ACID into your main DAW via separate ReWire channels.  Unfortunately, only the Master Bus can be ReWired into the host, so it's less useful than Ableton Live Lite in this capacity 😞

Edited by Maestro
  • Like 1