1.5 seconds spliced off my whole project

Laurence Levin

I'm sure we've all accidentally deleted bits in other tracks by having more tracks selected than the one you think you're editing...

Can you just go and drag the right edge of the relevant clips back to where they should be?

When you delete things in Cakewalk it's generally non-destructive; the data's still there on the disk, it's just a matter of telling CW it should be playing it (again).

John, I just noticed that the dragging technique worked for a deleted audio file in my mix. The vocal section had been deleted, but for some reason, I was still hearing it. When I dragged the file, the audio appeared in the track. 

Does this dragging technique work for accidentally deleted sections of MIDI tracks? 

If the midi data was deleted by truncating the beginning or end of a clip, yeah it should still exist if you stretch the clip back. 

On the other hand, if you delete individual notes from a clip via the PRV, those are gone once you close the file (ie, can no longer ‘undo’ the deletion).

This feature works brilliantly for replacing boners in tracks. Especially live recordings were ,say, the bass player plays a wrong note. Just find that note somewhere else and copy and then paste it over the boner. Now you can drag the edges of the paste and the original until there are no artifacts.  I often will split out/ delete the boner first and then drop the good clip in the space.