No audio playback with SI-Drum Kit 1

Daniel Newman

Hi, absolute beginning here. I've just gotten Cakewalk to make music with the Focusrite Scarlett 4i4. I started by experimenting with a basic drum track (SI-Drum Kit 1) to use instead of a click track. Problem is, after setting up the drum loop, I don't hear anything when I press play. I'm getting great audio through the Scarlett when I click on the images of the various drums in the SI-Drum Kit 1 window, and I can hear the metronome when I press "Record." But I don't hear playback of the actual drums I laid down, and I don't hear anything when I click on the piano keys in the Piano-Roll View.

I'm sure it's something super basic, but I can't figure it out and the tutorials don't seem to address this.

Thanks!

dan

If clicking on the drums in the SI-Drums UI and playing MIDI through the plug-in do not make any sound, the plug-in may not have an audio track associated with it. IOW, the plug-in was added with only a MIDI track.

Synths need either a simple instrument track or an audio+MIDI track pair for a complete routing.

Try adding an audio track to the project and set the input drop down of the audio track to the SI-Drums stereo output.

• 3 years later...