IK Mixbox

Fret Flintstone

10 hours ago, Grem said:

Yes I knew this too. Never went that far with it. I was wondering about a limit on it. Works really well.

And multi-band and parallel splits is something that MixBox cannot do (yet). I get the idea that IK initially kept it simple, expecting you to leverage you DAW features for complex signal routing.

• Like 1

Also the free Studio Rack has Macro controls. You can assign them to any of the controls on any of the fx in the rack.

Oh and the Multiband split is not only one split of your choice, it's 5Ā splits of your choice!!

Really nice rack for free!

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Agreed.

I'm in the process of making FX chains for vocals, guitars, bass and drums that can be easily 'dropped' into new projects and then just tweaked a bit rather than starting from scratch. I've done this in the past with Soundtoys' Effect Rack, but their FXs are more geared to just sweetening rather than also fixing and enhancing.

It would be great if there were a 'universal' chainer possessing all the features of StudioRack but also able to load *any* plugin in your collection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Also the free Studio Rack has Macro controls. You can assign them to any of the controls on any of the fx in the rack.

Oh and the Multiband split is not only one split of your choice, it's 5Ā splits of your choice!!

Rack is free but no plugin in ..... IK at least you get all type of stuff ....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zo said:

Rack is free but no plugin in ..... IK at least you get all type of stuff ....

The Rack is FREE because all of Waves plugins work in it,
AND they are not "tied" to the Rack.

Same concept with Mixbox except the plugins ARE tied to the Rack...and it's NOT FREE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Hopefully that is something that IK will add to MixBox in the near future! Macros areĀ  a powerful feature in the rack context!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, cclarry said:

At least Soundtoys was smart enough to realize that for people
who already owned Soundtoys 5, they would NOT pay $299.99Ā 
for a "Rack"....so they gave it to them...IK...not so much!

Right on! And thanks for reminding me about Soundtoys, they are givingĀ me a great upgrade price every year around Black Friday/Xmas so I should start saving now :D.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Hopefully that is something that IK will add to MixBox in the near future! Macros areĀ  a powerful feature in the rack context!

Yes, I am sure they will at some point. I mean Amplitube and SampleTank have macros.

On the subject of plugin racks, I think Kilohearts have a nice concept too: the Snap Heap host/rack is free, and allows for serial/parallel processing. It comes with six basic plugins, and you can buy the others individually/in bundles as you need them. Each of the plugins can be used on their own, or in Snap Heap, or in (their paid-for synth) Phase Plant.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Great news!

MixBox 1.0.1 is now available for download via IK Product Manager.

What's New:

• Fixed an issue with potential graphic artifacts on larger HD displays
  • Fixed an issue with latency compensation for bypassed modules with altered wet/dry values.
  • Fixed some incorrect Frequency values displayed on the EQ81 Channel Strip.
  • Fixed a potential graphics issue when resizing the GUI to smaller sizes.
  • Fixed text values to display centered in their boxes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2