Fret Flintstone

Just to point out...we already have

Slate VMR
Soundtoys Effects Rack
McDSP Ultimate EQ
PSP InfiniStrip
Waves StudioRack
And a ton of other VST host applications

Etc...ad nauseum....we have a plethora of these types of tools already at our disposal...
and what IK should have done was considered that when launching this.  $299.99 retail
is in line with Soundtoys, but out of line with the rest.  $199.99 is still out of line,
and with the $99 crossgrade offer for existing users, we
STILL should be able to use Jampoints, and that would have created an offer where  far less
people would "balk" at this.  Most of us ALREADY have all the processors, so paying 
even $99 for a "Rack" just to be able to use our Plugins in the "500 Series" format VIRTUAL
Rack Space, just doesn't really get me "excited", and really does nothing for me that I really
can't already do!

It's like the Pro Channel, which is nothing more than a "glorfied" second VST effects bin with a 
Proprietary interface!  It's really kewl, I'll admit, but is it "really" necessary? 

Nope.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I like the 500 series concept. I bought Slate VMR when it first came out. What I don't like is paying for stuff a second time. That's why I stopped using Slate digital Trigger and bought Addictive Trigger. Addictive Trigger allows the use of samples from your Addictive Drums collection while Slate Digital Trigger doesn't allow you to use the samples from SSD.

I would love the ability to use my T-Racks, Syntronik and Amplitube processors in that environment but not enough to pay for them again.  With all due respect to IK, that's a fair price for an awesome product (MIxbox) if you haven't already purchased these processors in the past. 

Rocky

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Still pretty much enamored by the Slate Rack. Looking good and sounding great. Same for SoundToys. The other racks don’t interest me as much. 

Slate VMR is VERY nice!  It's also a 500 Series format...and does a very nice job!
And, unlike Mixbox and Soundtoys, where all the plugins are "tied" to the Rack, you can use the individual
plugins that you already own in VMR, and as standalone VST's, which makes it a little more "Usable" IMO

Edited by cclarry

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Waves StudioRack

Hey Larry, thanks for reminding me about that one. I hadn't looked at that since v9. It's now at v11 and is very cool!

Plus thanx to your dealz, I now own enough Waves plugs to create a full rack, LOL! 😁

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Slate VMR is VERY nice!  It's also a 500 Series format...and does a very nice job!
And, unlike Mixbox and Soundtoys, where all the plugins are "tied" to the Rack, you can use the individual
plugins that you already own in VMR, and as standalone VST's, which makes it a little more "Usable" IMO

This is what I would like for the Amplitube FX Pedals and Racks (and any other processors in IK's other products, but mainly Amplitube) just like the T-Racks processors are,

Set them FREE😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, abacab said:

I hadn't looked at that since v9.

I'm betting you can only use your WUPped plugins in it...  I don't know for sure - I haven't checked. But if that IS the case, I wouldn't be able to put anything into the "new" Studio Rack.  😛

Edited by mibby

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Just to point out...we already have

Slate VMR
Soundtoys Effects Rack
McDSP Ultimate EQ
PSP InfiniStrip
Waves StudioRack
And a ton of other VST host applications

Etc...ad nauseum....we have a plethora of these types of tools already at our disposal...
and what IK should have done was considered that when launching this.  $299.99 retail
is in line with Soundtoys, but out of line with the rest.  $199.99 is still out of line,
and with the $99 crossgrade offer for existing users, we
STILL should be able to use Jampoints, and that would have created an offer where  far less
people would "balk" at this.  Most of us ALREADY have all the processors, so paying 
even $99 for a "Rack" just to be able to use our Plugins in the "500 Series" format VIRTUAL
Rack Space, just doesn't really get me "excited", and really does nothing for me that I really
can't already do!

It's like the Pro Channel, which is nothing more than a "glorfied" second VST effects bin with a 
Proprietary interface!  It's really kewl, I'll admit, but is it "really" necessary? 

Nope.

in all those exemples , the oly one that can compete is waves one because of the fallowing : gtr stuff availlable , the IK is for me a welcome addition because i need to design sounds or colors early in , i don't see it as a mixing tool mainly , but really something like futzbox on stereoid .... 

If i want to compress , eq or and amp i will not go here but if i want complex chain to reach what i have in head  : bingo ..instead of making endless chains outside

Finishing a mix and will try to do a video  ..... i really think people have a "to classical" view on this ....the name implies something not specially true , but limiting .....for me it's really a sound design tools and a "build my own processing "tools ...like building my plugin (with modules) .... modualr plugin !!

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I'm betting you can only use your WUPped plugins in it...  I don't know for sure - I haven't checked. But if that IS the case, I wouldn't be able to put anything into the "new" Studio Rack.  😛

Nope. Plugins need just to be at version at least 10, no need to be WUPed. I can load plugins v10 with WUP expired in 2019.

"Waves plugins: StudioRack v11 supports Waves v11 and v10 plugins. See our plugin compatibility chart and plugin latency chart"

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Piotr said:
1 hour ago, mibby said:

Nope. Plugins need just to be at version at least 10, no need to be WUPed. I can load plugins v10 with WUP expired in 2019.

"Waves plugins: StudioRack v11 supports Waves v11 and v10 plugins. See our plugin compatibility chart and plugin latency chart"

Ouch! I have many v9 and have paid a price to get them, didn't plan to buy them a second time. Why they always make it difficult...?

• Like 1

Waves Studio Rack is pretty kol for being free. It has a splitter in it that you can split the signal and send it to two different fx.

Haven't really looked at all the features of the IK rack yet. So not sure what Amplitube fx are with it, but if it's got the TERC chorus, the Amplitube Tube Comp, and the T-Racks Pultec eq, and the Oceanway, and the......

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Waves Studio Rack is pretty kol for being free. It has a splitter in it that you can split the signal and send it to two different fx.

Haven't really looked at all the features of the IK rack yet. So not sure what Amplitube fx are with it, but if it's got the TERC chorus, the Amplitube Tube Comp, and the T-Racks Pultec eq, and the Oceanway, and the......

Plus you can turn plugins into multiband >  Turn any plugin into multiband with multiband split racks, i.e. any plugin can become multiband in the StudioRack:

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Plus you can turn plugins into multiband >  Turn any plugin into multiband with multiband split racks, i.e. any plugin can become multiband in the StudioRack:

Yes, and that's a really kool feature. It also allows a Parallel Split too. Reall a good rack fx. Never thought I would go for that sort of thing till I tried that one out.

Looked a little closer at the new IK MixBox and it ain't got some of the fx I was hoping for. Still has a lot. And if you don't have any IK products, this will be a great buy for someone like that.

And like Zo says, seems to be made for certain flows of work and if it fits the bill for ya. Seems to be also geared toward live work too. 

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Not just two, but you can do splits inside splits, inside those and so on.  I did 5 levels of splits parallel and multiband inside of parallel  - multiband splits - just to see if I could. Don't know if it has a limit or not. I'm sure the limit is my brain tracking the audio paths. 

Waves Studio Rack Parallel Splits.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Arwood said:

Not just two, but you can do splits inside splits, inside those and so on.  I did 5 levels of splits parallel and multiband inside of parallel  - multiband splits - just to see if I could. Don't know if it has a limit or not. I'm sure the limit is my brain tracking the audio paths. 

Yes I knew this too. Never went that far with it. I was wondering about a limit on it. Works really well.

• Like 1

Waves v9 here on my mercury ... so yep waves is a no go for me now , thing is i loved the old one as you could see all the plugin gui at once , i m not snob , i judt like to have a global view fadt on what s in , without too mucch hassle ...

racks like ik or slate are great becaause you can tweak several stuff at once , pushing sat x , the decrasing an ssl comp threshold , ect ... interactions are handled better imho that waves with the obligation to ine by one .... with is basically a work flow killer ... and why i ain t stressing to wup since all can be done in studio one