IK Mixbox

Fret Flintstone

Big IKM user here. I actually think this is pretty cool idea. Its basically a different GUI interface to the effects that come with their other products. It would be totally usable as I like a lot of their effects. Naturally,  the big issue is, if you already own other IKM products, you already have these effects -- so there isn't really anything new here. So it comes down to how much are you willing to spend to get them in this GUI format. Would wait for it to go on a 70% off sale and sure, i'll pick it up.

Now if they were to throw this baby into the group buy -- (not gonna happen as its too new)  this could stimulate more sales in group buy. Hint hint @Peter - IK Multimedia

Edited by telecode 101

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

This is what the effects rack looks like in Syntronik and I have always loved that, even though I also own T-RackS and Amplitube.  You only get four in the rack in Syntronik and there are 38 available.  So mixbox is 8 in the rack and 70 processors.

smac@2x.jpg

I LOVE the Syntronik rack and have always seen it as something very different from using T-RackS and AmpliTube. 

This is my very favorite offering from IK in a long time.   Well done!

Thanks!  I love it too.  Sounds REALLY good and is a different beast than T-RackS and other products.  Plus some new stuff and things that aren't in T-RackS (see below).

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I agree. Being able to use the Syntronik rack as a standalone FX processor is something I always wished was possible.

Plus you get over 600 presets including single processor and whole-chain presets.

This, plus there are processors not in T-RackS at all (lots of modulation), the brand new reverbs, great features, the mentioned presets (a ton of them), and more.  It is not just some repackaging, I think people are making assumptions here.  Should probably demo it and find out what MixBox is about.  I've used T-RackS since way before I worked for IK and I still use it daily - MixBox is different and I think it is one of the best products we've made and would think so if I didn't work for IK. 

30 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Big IKM user here. I actually think this is pretty cool idea. Its basically a different GUI interface to the effects that come with their other products. It would be totally usable as I like a lot of their effects. Naturally,  the big issue is, if you already own other IKM products, you already have these effects -- so there isn't really anything new here. So it comes down to how much are you willing to spend to get them in this GUI format. Would wait for it to go on a 70% off sale and sure, i'll pick it up.

Now if they were to throw this baby into the group buy -- (not gonna happen as its too new)  this could stimulate more sales in group buy. Hint hint @Peter - IK Multimedia

Thanks for the compliments.  Note that this isn't a virtual instrument so it wouldn't be added for that reason not because it is too new.

13 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

I thought they should have this for a long time too. I will get this at some time. Maybe the Ubiquitous IK Guy will get us a deal deal.

Most here should qualify for the lowest special $/€99.99 pricing.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

I’m saving my money for the upcoming VaporBox series plugins...

MODO BASS LH

We're proud to announce MODO BASS Left-Handed. It's exactly the same as MODO BASS except we've changed the pictures of the instruments to reflect the different string order. $199

Syntronic BW

We're excited to introduce Syntronic BW. It's identical to Syntronic, but we've reversed the color of the keys: black is white and white is black! $199

AmpliTube PLUG+

The greatest achievement in our flagship VaporBox series is AmpliTube PLUG+. Our brilliant artisan engineers have meticulously modeled amplifiers with *large* electrical plugs. True, there's absolutely no difference in sound compared to the small-plug version, but you'd be absolutely crazy not to add this *powerful* (get it?) new upgrade to your arsenal. $199

But wait! Previous owners of the tired, old, boring original versions of these products are entitled to the *special* upgrade price of only $999!

Hurry! Act now! Quantities are limited!

Edited by locrian
  • Haha 12
  • Meh 1

3 hours ago, locrian said:

I’m saving my money for the upcoming VaporBox series plugins...

MODO BASS LH

We're proud to announce MODO BASS Left-Handed. It's exactly the same as MODO BASS except we've changed the pictures of the instruments to reflect the different string order. $199

Syntronic BW

We're excited to introduce Syntronic BW. It's identical to Syntronic, but we've reversed the color of the keys: black is white and white is black! $199

AmpliTube PLUG+

The greatest achievement in our flagship VaporBox series is AmpliTube PLUG+. Our brilliant artisan engineers have meticulously modeled amplifiers with *large* electrical plugs. True, there's absolutely no difference in sound compared to the small-plug version, but you'd be absolutely crazy not to add this *powerful* (get it?) new upgrade to your arsenal. $199

But wait! Previous owners of the tired, old, boring original versions of these products are entitled to the *special* upgrade price of only $999!

Hurry! Act now! Quantities are limited!

Cant wait to get my wallet out for a few of these babies!!

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

In my opinion, as a point of reference, this should have been free to Total Studio Max, or even T-Racks Max owners...
and then had the price of about $99 for everyone else on intro offer.  Even Soundtoys gives their "Rack" 
Plugin to owners of their "Everything" bundle (and on sale now for $99).  I think that the retail of $199 isn't "off" too far
considering the Soundtoys Rack is $299, but heavy investors need to be thrown a "bone"
every now and then to keep them "appeased" if you will for investing so much money!  Even Waves
includes just about every new plugin they release in their Mercury Bundle!

THIS area seems to be where IK, again, "fails to hit the target"...repeatedly.  They're great at giving NEW
customers "incentives", but always neglect the long time "heavy investors"!

Those "bones" are what keeps people who have invested heavily "enthused" about owning a company's products
(and upgrading).  And it also gives the "newbies" something to "shoot for" down the road.

But that's just MO...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 9
  • Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, abacab said:

Interesting...

For those that do not already own all of the IK effects, this offers 70 processors for $149 (crossgrade), while something like T-Racks 5 Max only has 38 processors for $299 (crossgrade).

I have over $50 in JamPoints in my account, of which I can only apply towards 30% of a purchase, so for me $44. that brings it down to $106.

For those that already own some gear, there is this extra $50 bonus coupon:

Where do I find the coupon? Have sampletank max, tracks max and amplitube and I assume this would qualify (?).

*edit* It’s added automatically at check out. Appears you can’t use jampoints and the coupon, as always,

Edited by Joakim
Question answered

Woaw how did i missed this launch lol ...been super busy ...this one looks exellent .... i don t think it s redundant with what amplitube and tracks proposes , it s finally what i think should have been done , a way to get those two to interacte quikly ... 

It s really a product that answers a typical phase in production that i love .... this pahse when you want to build quick clothes to sounds and let thel printvtheir style in the mix later ...

Congrats !! 

@Peter , do younthink we can expect amplitube to integrate this type of rack in the futur and tracks as well ? ( amp stuff in tracks and tracks stuff in amplitube )? 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, cclarry said:

THIS area seems to be where IK, again, "fails to hit the target"...repeatedly.  They're great at giving NEW
customers "incentives", but always neglect the long time "heavy investors"!

But that's just MO...

That's my opinion too.  They could have release it $30-$50 for owners of Total Studio or something,  from the $150-$199  just to feel a little respect

I understand the business, but there is business in giving rewards (no jam points please) to long time users. "The comunnity"

• Like 1

I have T-Racks Max and Amplitube Max. I'm really not interested or needing new effects or processors. From IK the only products I'll eventually buy are the physically modeled instruments. I have Modo Bass.  I want Modo Drums. Unfortunately... still too expensive.

17 hours ago, Zo said:

Woaw how did i missed this launch lol ...been super busy ...this one looks exellent .... i don t think it s redundant with what amplitube and tracks proposes , it s finally what i think should have been done , a way to get those two to interacte quikly ... 

It s really a product that answers a typical phase in production that i love .... this pahse when you want to build quick clothes to sounds and let thel printvtheir style in the mix later ...

Congrats !! 

@Peter , do younthink we can expect amplitube to integrate this type of rack in the futur and tracks as well ? ( amp stuff in tracks and tracks stuff in amplitube )? 

Thanks for the kind words.  For the next AmpliTube the chains (whole chain plus stomp/rack/etc) will be different than AmpliTube 4 but not quite like MixBox either.  As for what's included, that's a great question - there's a lot I'd have to check out the current list but... Can't tell much more at this time :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1