IK Mixbox

Fret Flintstone

Limitless sonic options
Right at your fingertips

MixBox packs 70 award-winning mixing processors and creative effects derived from T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank into a convenient 500-series style plug-in. Create, compare and save your own custom channel strips or multiFX chains, or choose from over 600 presets to give your creativity a kickstart. Whether in your favorite DAW or stand-alone, MixBox combines a massive range of effects and powerful workflow to supercharge your mixes.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=mixbox

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

It looks like all a bunch effects I've previously purchased repackaged in the lunchbox format.

Rocky

Well you could look at it like that 😁

There are a few 'benefits' to it, depends I guess. I own everything from everything, the ability to mix and match within the one environment I have thought about over time, whether or not it's worth $149 or indeed $199, I'm not sure.

edit - If I could trade my MODO Drums that I got as a freebie in the VI GB I'd give it a go 🙂

Edited by Fret Flintstone

42 minutes ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Well you could look at it like that 😁

There are a few 'benefits' to it, depends I guess. I own everything from everything, the ability to mix and match within the one environment I have thought about over time, whether or not it's worth $149 or indeed $199, I'm not sure.

edit - If I could trade my MODO Drums that I got as a freebie in the VI GB I'd give it a go 🙂

I could have stated that better: I've spent years collecting and mixing with those modules. There are some real gems in that collection and I've spent way more than that on them with no regrets. If you don't already have these, the Mixbox is a great value. I like the 500 series format but I'm happy with what I have now.

Rocky 

• Like 1

Edit: Modified my original post after due consideration.

I like the format of these kind of channel strips and it's nice that IKM has come out with their version.
But they're a little late to the game - Slate, McDSP, PSP & others already have versions on the market.
And like Larry and a number of others here I already own everything T-Racks (or close enough) so paying $99 to get what i already have in a new format doesn't really sit well with me.

The price should be proportional to what you own of T-Racks.
Own 10% of library  - 10% off
Own 50% of the library - 50% off
Own 80% of the library - 80% off
Own 80 to 100% of the library - maybe a $20 minimal fee.

Reward customer loyalty, don't milk it.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, musical said:

Even Waves gave StudioRack away to its users for free.

For those of us who already own everything, $99 for this is simply insulting.

I can't see how this should be anything other than free to existing owners of Total Studio or the constituent elements.

This is exactly what I've been thinking while reading this thread. It should be FREE and you should be able to just drop what you own into it if applicable.  Simple. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, musical said:

Even Waves gave StudioRack away to its users for free.

For those of us who already own everything, $99 for this is simply insulting.

I can't see how this should be anything other than free to existing owners of Total Studio or the constituent elements.

Agree. This is going to be the first ik effect I don’t buy.  

Interesting...

For those that do not already own all of the IK effects, this offers 70 processors for $149 (crossgrade), while something like T-Racks 5 Max only has 38 processors for $299 (crossgrade).

I have over $50 in JamPoints in my account, of which I can only apply towards 30% of a purchase, so for me $44. that brings it down to $106.

For those that already own some gear, there is this extra $50 bonus coupon:

"Customers that have purchased* at least 5 T-RackS processors, T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 SE, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, T-RackS 5 MAX, Total Studio 2 MAX, iLoud Micro Monitor, iLoud MTM, & Lurssen Mastering Console will get an additional $/€ 50 automatic coupon applied at checkout, and can get MixBox for only $/€ 99.99* (regular crossgrade pricing will be $/€199.99*)."

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

This is what the effects rack looks like in Syntronik and I have always loved that, even though I also own T-RackS and Amplitube.  You only get four in the rack in Syntronik and there are 38 available.  So mixbox is 8 in the rack and 70 processors.

smac@2x.jpg

I LOVE the Syntronik rack and have always seen it as something very different from using T-RackS and AmpliTube. 

This is my very favorite offering from IK in a long time.   Well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1