Soundtoys Effect Rack $83.16 with code GROUP

musical

9 hours ago, John Bradley said:

So, I'm thinking this falls roughly into the category of 'no-brainer'.

I think what really matters is how much credit having this gets you for getting the full Soundtoys 5 bundle.  In the past they were very generous with their "Little" plugins as stepping stones to the full bundle.  If having this helps you there, it is a no-brainer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I think what really matters is how much credit having this gets you for getting the full Soundtoys 5 bundle. 

Based on my own experience, which seems to be echoed by what others who bought the rack have been posting for the past couple of days, this is not the case. I think most people who bought the rack will not upgrade to the full bundle, unless there's some crazy good offer down the road.

The rack has all the main plugins in the bundle, and it doesn't come with any significant downside (in my case, the CPU hit of the empty rack is about 0.02%). If you also consider the fact that the 'little' plugins, which are not in the rack, have been on nice sales previously and people bought them in order to get better offers for the bundle, a lot of new buyers of the rack now have what, 95% ?, of what the full bundle offers. I would think Soundtoys are well aware of this. They leave a bit of headroom, so that those who want 100% of what they offer go for the bundle, while selling the rack to A LOT of people who were not heavily invested in their plugins before. I'd say it's a win-win. 

20 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

The rack has all the main plugins in the bundle, and it doesn't come with any significant downside (in my case, the CPU hit of the empty rack is about 0.02%). If you also consider the fact that the 'little' plugins, which are not in the rack, have been on nice sales previously and people bought them in order to get better offers for the bundle, a lot of new buyers of the rack now have what, 95% ?, of what the full bundle offers. I would think Soundtoys are well aware of this. They leave a bit of headroom, so that those who want 100% of what they offer go for the bundle, while selling the rack to A LOT of people who were not heavily invested in their plugins before. I'd say it's a win-win. 

Fitzroy,

It was stated earlier that the purchasing the Effect Rack doesn't allow you to used the plugins separately from the Rack, that the Rack must always be loaded to pull up a plugin,  is this true?  I  own the Sountoys 5 Bundle and I can pull up each plugin as a stand alone plugin without the Rack.

2 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Fitzroy,

It was stated earlier that the purchasing the Effect Rack doesn't allow you to used the plugins separately from the Rack, that the Rack must always be loaded to pull up a plugin,  is this true?  I  own the Sountoys 5 Bundle and I can pull up each plugin as a stand alone plugin without the Rack.

It's true. But there's nothing preventing you from loading individual plugins by loading only that one plugin into the empty rack. As I was posting above, the CPU hit/difference is negligible. The workflow is a bit different, that's all. 

Edited by fitzroy