Soundtoys Effect Rack $83.16 with code GROUP

musical

8 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I was thinking of getting this, but you can only load the plugs within the rack.

I have let the BF deal on Soundtoys go by for many years, but I enjoyed playing with this and they may have sold me on the whole deal. 

Reid, this is TOTALLY a great way to get a bunch of the ST plugins, and the GOOD ones too!  Just use 1 plugin in the rack if you want.  B|

The Rack is included in the bundle, isn't it?   When I upgraded to the bundle, the Rack came with it. (??) 

The Rack is nice to have and all, but I use individual plugins way more than the rack.   Now, if I didn't own the plugins, that's another story entirely. But it's certainly NOT worth $100 bucks if you already own the bundle! (It should be free IMO.)

I'd email support if I were you guys! 

56 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

Question for any of you who have the Rack version: can you automate all the individual effect parameters of the various units in the rack?

I'd assume you could certainly do so with the standalone effects, but question whether the Rack exposes that full functionality.

Hmmm. Good question. I can check tonight.

Edited by mibby

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I was thinking of getting this, but you can only load the plugs within the rack.

I have let the BF deal on Soundtoys go by for many years, but I enjoyed playing with this and they may have sold me on the whole deal. 

Reid,

You can load the plugins inside the Rack, or as I do in CbB, I load them as individual plugins.  

Go here >  See insertion of single plugin  and go @2:33 to see the insertion.

Edited by jesse g

8 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Reid,

You can load the plugins inside the Rack, or as I do in CbB, I load them as individual plugins.  

Go here >  See insertion of single plugin  and go @2:33 to see the insertion.

That's my point.  If you have the full Soundtoys set you can load them up separately or in the rack.   But with the rack it is rack only. 

I own many Soundtoys plugins and I know what they are very well.   But when I load the same plugin in the rack, it is different.

According to @Matthew Sorrels  tbere is a gear dropdown, etc.  which I didn't see.   No, I want the real deal.  

So I will either buy the full set or not.    The full set costs me $160 during BF.   Then I can load whatever I want to load only--or use the rack if I want. 

But honestly I don't know if I need them. 

I just downloaded the demo (of the full Soundtoys 5 bundle, including the EffectRack).

It would appear to do what I want. If I select Automation | EffectRack in CbB, it gives me a nice long list of Bypass, Slot [1-6] solo, and then all the parameters for each module in the rack (e.g. "S2: EchoBoy: Feedback"). Assuming they don't braindamage it in some way if you only own the EffectRack, but I'm betting that they don't. Wouldn't exactly be a fair/accurate demo if they did!

Interesting Bug: If I load up a rack-level preset and go to the Automation pulldown, all the entries are shown as 'Unnamed'. But if I drag any module into the rack, it correctly updates the list of automatable parameters with their proper names. Not an issue if you start with an empty rack and populate it by hand. A minor annoyance otherwise.

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

But do you get the presets for the individual plugins with this?

There's a gear icon next to each module you throw in the rack (on the right side, above the power and solo buttons). Clicking that opens a preset chooser for the module in question.

So, I'm thinking this falls roughly into the category of 'no-brainer'.

Edited by John Bradley
  • Like 1