Having another go at Workspaces

Starship Krupa

One issue in the past with trying to use Workspaces has been that too many of the settings I've already set up get changed. Window position, etc.

At the moment, I think I've figured out how to not have it shuffle my windows around when I don't want it to (mostly I do, after all, it's a custom view).

However, one of the important things for me is which strips are visible and not visible in Track and Console Views. Specifically, in the case of Split Instruments, I always set the MIDI tracks visible (and Synth hidden) in the Track View so that I have access to the clips for editing. Conversely, I show the Synth strips and hide Midi in the Console View, as my focus there is audio mixing, and I'd only ever change a setting in a Console MIDI strip by accident. If I need to work with a MIDI console strip, I do it in the Inspector.

I have a workspace for "Erik's Mixing," and it's mostly working as I would like, meaning that it eliminates various elements that I don't need at mixdown and pops open the Console maximized on monitor 2 for really getting my mix on. The one thing that's still not what I want is strips visibility. The Workspace always turns on the MIDI strips in the Console. This seems like something that Workspaces are aimed at addressing: making elements visible/invisible.

What do I need to do to either stop this from happening, or better still, set up a Workspace that hides and shows the types of tracks/strips I want to hide or show?

• Like 1