Fathom Synth updated to 3.1.0.1 (not a deal)

balinas

I think that's a typo. I installed the update, and it registers as v3.0.1. Nothing major anyway.

Change log:

Increased envelope maximum segments from 64 to 256.  

Changed the skip cycle function on the first page of the metamorphic oscillator to alternate between the first and second waveforms instead of alternating between the mixed wave and nothing. This gives the user the ability to create any skip cycle they desire by using the first and second wave.  

Fixed the impulse oscillator so the sound changes when the impulse period dial is moved using either a mouse drag or mouse wheel.  

Fixed clicking at note start when detune is set to free running and Intel AVX parallel processing is enabled.  

Fixed clicking at note end when volume ADSR is used and Intel AVX parallel processing is enabled. 

40 minutes ago, John Maar said:

I think that's a typo. I installed the update, and it registers as v3.0.1. Nothing major anyway.

Change log:

Increased envelope maximum segments from 64 to 256.  

Changed the skip cycle function on the first page of the metamorphic oscillator to alternate between the first and second waveforms instead of alternating between the mixed wave and nothing. This gives the user the ability to create any skip cycle they desire by using the first and second wave.  

Fixed the impulse oscillator so the sound changes when the impulse period dial is moved using either a mouse drag or mouse wheel.  

Fixed clicking at note start when detune is set to free running and Intel AVX parallel processing is enabled.  

Fixed clicking at note end when volume ADSR is used and Intel AVX parallel processing is enabled. 

Hmm!  When I go to Fathomsynth.com/versions, it shows 3.1.0.  When I open Fathom and click on the version indicator, it says 3.1.0.1 Pro64.  

Edited by balinas
correction

• 1 year later...

The sounds are quite good. Especially nice if you want to see some examples of where Fathom can take you!

I bought the Film Score Bundle for $21 (marked down from $45), that contains 6 banks:

Film Score Bundle

The ultimate collection for professional Film Score composers and editors.

• Science Fiction 30 Presets
  • Ambietic Atmospheres 35 Presets
  • Purple Mist 50 Presets
  • Mountain Climber 40 Presets
  • Alien Technology 160 Presets
  • Masters of Ambience 50 Presets

Over 350 Presets, including Stingers, Pads, Sound Effects, Glass Pianos, Nymph Voices, High Tech Rhythms, Shimmering Landscapes and other Ethereal Moods.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, John Maar said:

All of the download links are dead. Unable to update to the latest version of Pro. 

Yep, the dev finally took the links down on the site. I guess he still needs to clean up the page and point users to this tidbit of useful info.

You can check for upgrades from within Fathom now, and it will provide you with a link. This feature has been available in the Fathom GUI for a while now.

Just start Fathom, and go to settings. Check for upgrades, and it will compare your current version with the latest available. If there's a new one, click copy link to clipboard, and paste into your browser. Works great!

Fathom update.JPG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, abacab said:

Yep, the dev finally took the links down on the site. I guess he still needs to clean up the page and point users to this tidbit of useful info.

You can check for upgrades from within Fathom now, and it will provide you with a link. This feature has been available in the Fathom GUI for a while now.

Just start Fathom, and go to settings. Check for upgrades, and it will compare your current version with the latest available. If there's a new one, click copy link to clipboard, and paste into your browser. Works great!

Fathom update.JPG

Worked great! Thanks. Still can't get over his version naming convention. Said I have v3.3.0 and v3.6.0 is available. The v3.3.0 zip file I have is named 303. The file being downloaded is named 306. Oh, well. It's the music that matters, right? 🎸

Edited by John Maar

I've not updated since 2.3, which was a real CPU crippler - even on a brand spanking new super-whizzy laptop.

The update process was rather annoying - you had to email the developer with proof of purchase and then he would email you the password to unlock the zip file for the update.

Has anything changed?

1 hour ago, Wibbles said:

I've not updated since 2.3, which was a real CPU crippler - even on a brand spanking new super-whizzy laptop.

The update process was rather annoying - you had to email the developer with proof of purchase and then he would email you the password to unlock the zip file for the update.

Has anything changed?

There was a new password for v3. It has unlocked every v3 update so far. I used to toss a coin in the update fountain every second or third update, but that seems to be gone now that you can update through the app itself. The update mess still exists. The install app looks like it hangs (I needed to manually copy the .DLL into my VSTPlugins folder (the Install app hung; there's a note saying to install into a writable folder; all other plugin installers have no problem writing to the C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins folder)). And it still creates all new directories with a " 2" appended to each. No clue which, if any, files were updated, so I just deleted all of the old folders and deleted the " 2" from each folder name.

A real Bass-o-matic approach to updating.

ebJANB.gif

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 2

The developer seems intent on following his own path for licensing and authentication, rather than following any industry standards. His way is better (or so he believes).

For this last upgrade merry-go-round, I had to:

1. Use the unzip password to decompress the downloaded installer folder.

2. Then I had to run the "install.exe", which asked me what paths to install everything to. Since I always use a "Fathom" folder in "My Documents" for everything except the plugin .dll, it did all the work correctly for me. I assume that the installer adds to, or overwrites Fathom content files as needed in that target "Fathom" folder.

3. Then I had to "activate" the plugin itself with my email address, and my original Fathom Pro order number.

Then all was well. Until next time, LOL! :)

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Wibbles said:

Has anything changed?

If you are an original Fathom Pro owner, you are eligible to get the AVX2 version of Fathom Pro 3, without having to buy the Fathom Vector version. He grandfathered in the original owners, as a sort of "loyalty" deal.

Just email support, and explain that you need to upgrade from 2.3, and want the souped up version (assuming that your CPU supports the AVX2 vector extension).

Even if you cant run AVX2, there appears to have been a number of general optimizations for v3 that are well worth trying.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

The developer seems intent on following his own path for licensing and authentication, rather than following any industry standards. His way is better (or so he believes).

A couple of years ago the developer, Everett, was about to pack it all in because a w****z site was hosting his software and refused to take it down. That was when the only protection was the password to unzip the download. Thankfully, he was persuaded to carry on.

• Like 1