Add 8 Drum Tracks?

user390096

Hi,

Just got a Focusrite OctoPre and want to add 8 drum tracks fast to existing project files. Is there an easy way to do this? I imagine I could create a project with just the 8 drum tracks all prepared for the different inputs from the Focusrite and somehow add that project to an existing project but I don't know how to do it or if it can be done.

Thanx, Fredrick

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Arranging.08.html#:~:text=Cakewalk - SONAR Documentation - Working with track templates&text=Select the track or tracks you want to save as a preset.&text=Select File > Export > Track Template,select Save as Track Template.

Track templates are your friend here. 

Open a project that you are using these new tracks in and set it up the way you want it complete with effects and buss assignments. For drums it's nice to create a folder too. Now save this as a track template. Now when you open the next project all you need to do is open the saved template and it will do all that work for you. 

The only bug for me is it often creates a new master buss if there is a small difference in the text box-  as in-   Master , MASTER or master.