Toontrack Classic Rock EBX

cclarry

20 minutes ago, SmokeyJ628 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the Best Service mistake price. I did get it that price. Wohoo!

Yes thank you very much. And thank Larry too. His comment made me realize it wouldn't last long. So I took the time out to get it, register it, and done!!

• Like 1

Missed the mistake, so I guess I'll wait until BF and see what it is then.  I guessed right about it being a Precision.

It makes a lot of sense to include MIDI with each EZBass instrument.

Do you think that the EZBass collection will also sell MIDI?   If there's a genre like Reggae or Disco, you could play it with any of these basses. 

I have no doubt they will do all the most famous basses.  I wonder if they will do an acoustic bass. 

Hate to say it but comparing the tone/audio from this to MODO Bass and even the Kontakt Scarbee Pre-Bass I'd take MODO any day over this.  It's just kind of blah.  Usable and functional but not much more than that.  Maybe I'm missing it?  Perhaps using the DI version and feeding it into Amplitude would help.  The MIDI phrases are pretty nice though and I love the whole grid editor/etc.  But soundwise this doesn't seem to fix EzBass's shortcomings.  I might just not be the right guy to evaluate the tone and playablity, but as a casual user I don't think I'll be using the sound part of this very much at all.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Hate to say it but comparing the tone/audio from this to MODO Bass and even the Kontakt Scarbee Pre-Bass I'd take MODO any day over this.  It's just kind of blah.  Usable and functional but not much more than that.  Maybe I'm missing it?  Perhaps using the DI version and feeding it into Amplitude would help.  The MIDI phrases are pretty nice though and I love the whole grid editor/etc.  But soundwise this doesn't seem to fix EzBass's shortcomings.  I might just not be the right guy to evaluate the tone and playablity, but as a casual user I don't think I'll be using the sound part of this very much at all.

I guess I feel that the best, or at least easiest, way to use EZBass is to use their basses.  For me, it's too much work to transfer over all the keyswitches to another VI.   If you do that, it's not exactly EZ. 

EZBass does have a feature where you can export MIDI without the keyswitches/articulations but for me that wastes the potential of EZBass.

So I've always planned to stock up on basses when the price was right.  And getting a bit of MIDI is a nice plus.  I like that they're doing that.  I never bought a second EZKeys keyboard, so I don't know if they did that, but I don't think so.

But the two sounds that come with EZBass are better than this one.  Better Precision Basses out there, I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

EZBass does have a feature where you can export MIDI without the keyswitches/articulations but for me that wastes the potential of EZBass.

57 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Is there an (ahem) easy way to trigger MODO bass from EZ bass....i.e using MODO bass sounds with EZ bass's functionality?

@Mesh See Reid's comment. That seems the only way to do it but you lose the keyswitches/articulations which may well be the strongest point to EZBass.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bapu said:

@Mesh See Reid's comment. That seems the only way to do it but you lose the keyswitches/articulations which may well be the strongest point to EZBass.

Thanks Baps and Reid!

Just was hoping there would be another way to do that other than MIDI.

3 hours ago, Mesh said:

Is there an (ahem) easy way to trigger MODO bass from EZ bass....i.e using MODO bass sounds with EZ bass's functionality?

You can reassign the keyswitches for articulations in MODO bass and save your new configuration as a preset. 

So if the EZBass keyswitch for "slap" is CO (or whatever), you would only have to change the MODO bass to match that.  And so on for all the other articulations.

Not all that hard and you'd only have to do it once.  From then on you could  theoretically output your EZBass stuff into MODO Bass and you'd get all the articulations.

Theoretically. 

But I bet it would sound a bit different.   But it's certainly worth trying. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1