Eventide releases Blackhole Pedal (not a deal)

kevin H

Thanks so much for posting!

Blackhole demonstration videos can be viewed at https://etide.io/blackhole-pedal-videos

blackhole-feature_0.jpg

Features

Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software

Control the Size of your space from a cartoonishly small room to a limitless universe

Use PreDelay to offset the onset of the reverb

Turn up Feedback to go beyond the event horizon

Tap the Freeze Footswitch to instantly 'freeze' your sound 

Dual action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary

Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for selecting use with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface

Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal

Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load)

MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB

Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry

Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters

Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets

Fine-tune your tone with Lo, Hi and Q (resonance) controls. Use the tone controls to add airiness or clear up the low-end. Map the EQ controls to an expression pedal to add movement to the reverb tail

Unique Gravity control to custom-tailor the reverb tail in two realms — normal or inverse decay. Create interesting swells or suck the dry signal back into the reverb tail. At longer decay times, Blackhole allows the articulation to shine through without competing with the reverb tail

• Like 1

Blackhole sounds amazing from video/demos.  I was just imagining something else with Komplete 13 in the horizon.  Didn’t mean to sound unenthusiastic :)  

I know a lot of folks have been waiting a long time for this one.  Congrats Eventide.

@James Foxall While I’m not familiar with the space pedal, I can say there’ll be algorithms that vary sometimes subtle other times drastic. The Eventide architecture is scary big in the real rack units. Maybe @Orville would like to post a screenshot sometime showing one of the DSP4000 architectural layouts for example. Not a fan boy, but have owned the real deal. 

Edited by Tony Carpenter