Exporting audio error

acewhistle

Hi,

I've been trying to export an audio either as a .wav/mp3 file but all I keep getting is an error message "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file".

It is a test click track guide that I made as I am only starting to get familiar with the software. I've selected all the tracks from my project and choose "Entire mix" when I am about to save the file.

Tested with other audio programs but no sound coming out at all. Any ideas pls? Many thanks.

Acewhistle... Is the Cakewalk Export->MP3 writing out an MP3 file and the problem you're having is that Win Media Player  is unable to play it?

Try Muting all except one of the tracks. Select that track, and Export->MP3. See if you get the same error.

It sounds like Win Media Player is unable to read the Cakewalk output file, so best troubleshooting step would be to open a project and insert a MIDI track. If you don't have a MIDI file around, just download one from the web (Google MIDI song) and try using that with Cakewalk Export.

If the click track is the metronome then yes that does nte easily export. 

I think Charles has a good way to test your system. 

You can drag any midi loop into a project.

An easy way would be insert SI drums

Create a blank midi track and assign the output to the SI drums. 

Now from the SI drum GUI pick a loop and drag it to the midi track. 

15 minutes ago, acewhistle said:

I've downloaded a midi song from Google just like what suggested but sadly I don't hear any sound coming out from laptop speakers. 

Just addressing this last piece of the puzzle (i.e., not the original issue), there could be many reasons why you aren't getting sound from the MS GS Wavetable Synth [MIDI Output "device"].  This is just one of many possible issues: Are the tracks pointed to the MS Synth [as your output device]? For example:

image.png.0aa860664db4dca532c20d11e7f736af.png

Right, finally solved it.

Had to uninstall everything up to deleting the previous registry and re-install it again.

I can finally hear what I want and it is playing everything I want to play. So finally manage to past this hurdle :) 

So baby steps for me at the moment but will eventually get this all familiar hopefully soon enough.

Many thanks for all your support.

• Like 1