Screaming Abdabs

David Sprouse

On 9/14/2020 at 1:43 AM, David Sprouse said:

The *intersectionality* of panic and sublimity. :D:D

Well above my pay grade to understand what that means.

But the piece was quintessentially trippy Sprouse (in a good way). 

Well Done!

Bapu remember when you used to hear the words *robust* and *at the end of the day* well now it's postmodern jargon like *intersectionality* and *nuance.*  Basically, their meanings are determined by the surrounding  *narratives* or *alternative facts* or *con-texts. *(air quotes) Anyways, I didn't mean it seriously :D:D  Music is so subjective.  Thank you for taking the time listen to it.

Edited by David Sprouse

On 9/26/2020 at 11:52 PM, Max Arwood said:

Nice David. You got a lot of crazy rhythmic things going on. The way you put it all together is really good. I like the way the bass and drums just keep on trudging along and the other parts bounce between these rhythms . Crazy guitar at the end lived the pan stuff.

Max thanks so much for the careful listen and remarks.  

Vechung, not everyone's meant to be a performer (if you have performance anxiety).  There's tons of different things one can do with music without performing.  Your squeemishness might serve your composing skills and vice versa.  It's not all about perfectionism either though that's how it first manifests itself.  It's the eye in the sky you know <alan parsons> 

Edited by David Sprouse

You have a lot of fans on this one, and me too! I think it might be you are featuring guitars a bit more? That voice really suits your angular compositional style.

Angular as in, unconventional and pleasant. Where everyone else is playing with the usual building blocks, you have triangles large and small.

As you can see, I'm unqualified to render a decent critique, that's how good and unique your stuff is.

Cheers,

-Tom