2 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Decay is how long it takes before the reverb stops.

Take a piece of music. Loop it so it will play for hours.
Press one button at a time, turn one knob at a time.
Listen to what it does.
Take notes.

Load a different reverb.Do the same as above.
Compare.

I recently picked up the Waves IR 1 Convolution Reverb, and it is fun exploring the different room responses. It  comes with  a 4.8GB library with over 100 impulse responses of spaces and devices. For those only familiar with algorithmic reverbs, these impulse responses are actual recordings of the sonic characteristics  of these spaces.

It's currently on sale at Waves for $29.99. https://www.waves.com/plugins/ir1-convolution-reverb

5 hours ago, abacab said:

I recently picked up the Waves IR 1 Convolution Reverb, and it is fun exploring the different room responses. It  comes with  a 4.8GB library with over 100 impulse responses of spaces and devices. For those only familiar with algorithmic reverbs, these impulse responses are actual recordings of the sonic characteristics  of these spaces.

It's currently on sale at Waves for $29.99. https://www.waves.com/plugins/ir1-convolution-reverb

Follow-up question related to Convolution Reverb removed. 

Edited by User 905133

1 hour ago, Alan Tubbs said:

Cakewalk used to have an early do reverb that showed a box shaped  and the size of the room..  it was not only their best sounding reverb at the time but was highly educational.. I forget the name but I remember it.

I think you are probably remembering this one. I used to have a copy of it, but it no longer resides in my current Cake archives that only goes back about 20 years. Seemed pretty advanced at the time...😁

Cakewalk FX3 SoundStage.jpg

2 hours ago, Alan Tubbs said:

Yea, that is it.  Great reverb that was fun to use.  And educational!

Yep, it was a 32-bit DX. I wonder why it was dropped, other than not being compatible with Sonar x64? The Audio FX1 and FX2 were still available in the Sonar Producer X1-X3 series. I opened up those installers yesterday out of curiosity in search of it, but no FX3.

1 minute ago, scook said:

IIRC, it was the only plug-in in the FX3 series.

It was never bundled with SONAR but was given away a year or so after they stopped selling it.

I purchased it way back in the day, so never noticed whether or not it ever got bundled with Sonar. That makes sense.