Izotope Producers Club

cclarry

I'm a dinosaur* and prefer to 'own' (licence ?) software but at some point we are probably not going to have a choice but to rent/subscribe...adobe I'm looking at you

*one of the nondescript ones that never feature in any of the movies - essentially one of the 'red shirts' of the Jurassic era.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, simon said:

I'm a dinosaur* and prefer to 'own' (licence ?) software but at some point we are probably not going to have a choice but to rent/subscribe...adobe I'm looking at you

That’s how Adobe lost me as a customer. Had been buying and upgrading their very expensive Creative Suite offerings until the day they decided to turn to the Dark Side and go subscription. Oh, well. Still using my paid for CS6 Design & Web Premium as long as it works on Windows.

And now I have a license for iZotope MPS 3. Be careful, iZotope. Be very careful.

• Like 2

Doesn't seem like that much of a good deal - if I were to buy into a subscription (not particularly interested in this one), I'd at least want Melodyne Editor (though I realise iZotope probably don't have the rights to offer Celemony's highest tier software), rather than the lowest tier Essentials.

Still, good for beginners I guess. Don't really care if iZotope enter a subscription model as long as they still offer perpetual licenses.

Edited by antler