Acid Pro 9 updated

kitekrazy

What are the advantages if any of using ACID rather than Cakewalk?

OR What can ACID do that CW cannot?

AND I have ACID Music Studio 11.0 (x64) installed and Acid 9 PRO uninstalled. Is it better to have ACID Music Studio 11.0 (x64), the newer version installed or is Acid 9 Pro still better?

Edited by aidan o driscoll

5 minutes ago, rsinger said:

How do you update from 9.03? I select Update Now when ACID Pro starts and it downloads the installer, but when the installer runs it says it can't update while the program is running. ACID Pro won't close while the file is downloading. What am I missing?

It should automatically close Acid Pro 9 and install the new version.  If not, then once the Install 
Program has started running, manually close Acid Pro 9, and the installer should do the rest...

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

What are the advantages if any of using ACID rather than Cakewalk?

OR What can ACID do that CW cannot?

Acid is more focused on audio loop manipulation than most other DAWs.  I find it a bit easier to do those things in ACID  than Cakewalk.  But for every day use Cakewalk is my choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

It should automatically close Acid Pro 9 and install the new version.  If not, then once the Install 
Program has started running, manually close Acid Pro 9, and the installer should do the rest...

Thanks - it's not closing down the program ...

Edit: Now the program is shutting down, but nothing seems to happen. Oh well.

Edited by rsinger
Additional Information