Windows 10 2004 update users

kitekrazy

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

Anyone using it?   It doesn't show up for my other 2 machines.   I usually like to upgrade them at the same time since I've had network issues in the past.

Depends on your computer.   I've tried it on multiple Lenovo Laptops (pre T470) that failed and rolled back every time.

T480 I had both success an a failure.   Older Custom built i3 machine finally updated properly yesterday.

It has been the most problematic update yet for Windows 10 in my view (in terms of getting it to actually install)

I sacrificed my Laptop to have a pc with win 10 on so i can monitor that condescending os. (And have a backup plan if something happens to win7 and 8 ).

It's a Acer Aspire E15  Quadcore Pentium. Approx 5 years old. It handles 2004 update fine.

Someone know how to stop the Edge browser from starting up after login?

It's not among the startup software. I admit i haven't checked regedit and run once settings.

First time i could uninstall it. After an update installed it again i can't seem to find a possibility to uninstall it or stop it from starting on its own.

Yea, win 10 is the best. 🤢

46 minutes ago, Kurre said:

Someone know how to stop the Edge browser from starting up after login?

It shouldn't be doing that; maybe on first log-in, but definitely not after that. Have a look in Task Manager - there's a Start-up tab that lists some of the things that start up.

6 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Anyone using it?   It doesn't show up for my other 2 machines.   I usually like to upgrade them at the same time since I've had network issues in the past.

It was not showing up on my PC either - so I opted to install it manually.  Of course this was after I made sure my PC was not affect by any of the known show stoppers. 

When I did the installation, I disabled any real time malware (I use Malwarebytes Premium) scanners as this has been known to interfere with the process.

Also, you might want to fully patch and update all drivers (via manufacturer's websites, not via Windows update ) for your Windows 10 before commencing.

Taking an image of your system drive before commencing would be prudent as well.

Good luck.

9 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I was wondering this too... it recently came available to me after saying my machine was incompatible or something like that.

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Just tried again...same result...reverts back to 1909

I had this same problem and spent a fair amount of time tying to figure it (pulled out hard drives, changed video cards, tried different drivers, etc. etc. ). 

what finally worked for me was running CC cleaner and letting it fix everything it wanted to. 

After that the update worked. 

12 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

It doesn't seem to offer anything I actually need

I cannot remember any Windows 10 update that had something new that I really needed! Most of the time the updates are only a pain, time wasted, settings reverted, some unnecessary cloud play things (child stuff), ... If I had the chance to choose, I would still use the first Windows 10 version!

• Like 2