Latest BL version hangs at installing

tdehan

Question

I launched BL Cakewalk today to work on a project and got a notice of an update.  I clicked Update which brought me to Bandlab Assistant and I clicked up date there.  That was over an hour ago.  It's just hanging and flashing at INSTALLING.  So.. can't work on my project.

How do I fix this?

Capture.JPG.f7ea9ca92f386765d22527ce987ef4ea.JPG

8 answers to this question

Have you updated to the latest version of Bandlab Assistant? You need version 6. I had the same problem and remembered I needed to update. If you go to the Bandlab site you'll find the download for the update. Alternatively you can go to the download location and launch manually - navigate to this folder %appdata%\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

There have been a few threads on this issue - always worth checking earlier posts 🙂

11 hours ago, tdehan said:

Yes, I've upgraded to the latest version of BandLab Assistant.  No difference.   Same crap happens.

So, how do I update Cakewalk now?  It's been stuck at updating 3 plus hours now.  How do I fix this?  This is maddening!

Use Task Manager to stop all running copies of Bandlab Assistant.

Navigate to C:\Users\ yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ Bandlab Assistant\ Downloads.
Run the file Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_26.09.0.006.exe

13 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

It is normal for BA to run multiple threads. Quitting BA from the settings page or from the context menu in the notification area should shutdown the application entirely.

26 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Navigate to C:\Users\ yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ Bandlab Assistant\ Downloads.
Run the file Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Update_Setup_26.09.0.006.exe

Thanks!  That worked.  However, when I go to C:\Users\ yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ Bandlab Assistant\ there is no Download folder.  There is only a Logs folder.  But under C:\Users\ yourusername\AppData\Roaming there is another folder called bandlab-assistant (lower case plus hypen) and it did contain the Download folder where I was able to install the Cakewalk update.

• Like 1