"Michael's House"................... mix 2

bats brew

It's friggin awesome, great musicianship. I would say the mix balance seemed to tilt away from the bass guitar, and towards the hi-hats. But it's a jazz bass-Geddy sounding kind of thing, and you might not want the bass balls in favor of that nice midrange attack. Pretty cool growl up there.

cheers,

-Tom

On 3/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, soundregion said:

I didn't hear the first version, but it sounds like it got tweaked right. Sounds pretty good in my ears.

hey sound! thanks for listening......... doesn 't matter if you missed the first one, since i moved on anyways......

On 3/1/2019 at 2:33 PM, Lynn said:

Very good foundation for a house!

yes, michael had a great house. he's dead now, i do not know what happened to his house,

but i'm going to celebrate the time i spent with him while he was alive  and in his house, trying to improve his neighborhood.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:31 AM, Wookiee said:

Sounds better, obviously in need of your voice 😎

the voice may just ruin it!! LOL

On 3/2/2019 at 10:25 AM, emeraldsoul said:

It's friggin awesome, great musicianship. I would say the mix balance seemed to tilt away from the bass guitar, and towards the hi-hats. But it's a jazz bass-Geddy sounding kind of thing, and you might not want the bass balls in favor of that nice midrange attack. Pretty cool growl up there.

cheers,

-Tom

hi tom!

thanks so much for the comments....

it's always a balancing act, between how i'd like one particular track (like the bass) to fit with everything else.

if i add more low end, the whole mix just starts to muddy....

i'll see about adding a bit more in below 80hz, to see if i can fill out the bottom with the bass a bit,

the kick is focused around 95 hz

Hey, Rob,

This second mix is really dynamite, much more energy and punch, and it really showcases your great playing!😀

The new drum track is 1000% better than the first one!  It really changed the whole dynamic of the song, and I think it could really work well as a cool instrumental, if you decided not to add vocals.

You know I always love your killer vocals, but this is really sounding fantastic as it stands alone!👍

Super stuff, Bats!  Have a good one, bro!
Bob

On 3/5/2019 at 1:41 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Rob,

This second mix is really dynamite, much more energy and punch, and it really showcases your great playing!😀

The new drum track is 1000% better than the first one!  It really changed the whole dynamic of the song, and I think it could really work well as a cool instrumental, if you decided not to add vocals.

You know I always love your killer vocals, but this is really sounding fantastic as it stands alone!👍

Super stuff, Bats!  Have a good one, bro!
Bob

hi bob! thanks for listening on this one,

the vox i have for this, are not really going to cover anything,

they kind of go along with the rhythm tracks,  so the overall feel from the instrumental version wont change much!