MPK II Mini - MIDI INPUT with NO SOUND

lumartins220

Hi everybody.

I use Akai MPK II Mini and Cakewalk on Windows 10... Everything was working OK... But something happened that is NOT working anymore:

- Cakewalk detects MPK Mini on INPUT MIDI and I selected it

- I put many different PLUGINS SYNTHS (TTS, Hibrid, etc....)

- I tried using MPC Essentials and evertyhing is OK! It works!

BUT when i press any key of MPK, nothing happens. No sound, no bars in the VOLUME..... (before was OK with the same configs)...

Is there anything to check or try??? Some Windows 10 issue_Cakewalk???

Tks for helping

Luciano

All I can do is suggest the usual.  Check the midi channel that your tracks are receiving on. Check that the connection from you midi tracks to you audio tracks. Try puting some midi notes in the midi track by hand and seeing if they play.

If all else fails get a midi monitor program, like MidiOx, and see what your Akai is outputting when you press a key.

There a couple things to check first.  Separately just for troubleshooting the problem. Start with a fresh blank project.

1. Audio - insert an instrument that you can audition with your mouse, like SI Drummer. Tap on the drum kit UI with your mouse. This will bypass any MIDI dependency and trigger the audio engine directly. Any sound? If so,  then your audio device is working. Move on to testing the MIDI. If not stop here and get your audio working.

2. MIDI - tap a key on your Akai  MIDI keyboard. Does the vertical MIDI meter on the SI Drummer instrument track header flash when you do? If so your keyboard is connected correctly and sending MIDI to Cakewalk. If not, try opening the virtual piano keyboard. MENU > Views > Virtual Controllers > Piano Keyboard. Press some keys on that. Any sound?

You can also try opening the Piano Roll View for that track and enter a few notes there. Press play on the transport. Any sound?

Edited by abacab