cakewalk and eastwest play problem

willard cottrell

After accidentally moving some cakewalk projects around that subsequently were deleted and unrecoverable, the eastwest play VST3 plugin no longer loads.  When opening projects, you get an exception and cakewalk offers to save a copy and end.  In some other instances, the project loads.  When scanning VST files, the scan reports an error during load on play_VST_x64 with the failure point being Main Call as well as a subsequent error on Play with the failure point of createInstance IComponent.

We've tried reinstalling Play and updating to the latest version, but have had no luck getting things back up and running.  It's been suggested we reinstall Cakewalk, but weren't sure that was the right option either and are looking for any suggestions.

Michael,

Thanks for your response.  I, indeed, did try this and to no avail.  At this point, I'm looking to determine whether uninstalling CbB and reinstalling might be a viable action.  The real question is that a very good friend of mine is away and his music needs to be codified and sent off ASAP.  I do not want to be the person who loses years of work!!!!!

Edited by willard cottrell
spelling

I've haven't had this specific problem with Play but I have others that were cured by a reinstall of both Play and CW.  But first:

1.  Does this happen on all projects, or only on projects that already have instances of Play in them? 

2.  Does it happen if you insert play into a project with no other Play instruments in it?

3.   Have you moved any folders around?

4.  Does the Play stand-alone program work OK?

I have found that EW support is pretty good and they will even do a remote diagnosis on your PC, at least they did for me a couple years ago.  But they will probably want these questions answered too.

Good luck,

Bill

• Like 1