xxxxxxxxxxx

ABull

Nice vocals.
You should be proud of your song.

For me getting backing vocals is always the hardest until I learnt this trick not so long ago.
Many vocals these days are doubled and tripled.

I use this when I have more than four harmonies.
Try panning more of the lowest vocals towards the middle and the highest vocals more towards the outside.
Low vocals wont get int the way of the lead vocal as the lead vocal is usually  higher
If you have more than four,,, pan the middle less than the high vocals.
To increase the energy of the back ground vocals in each chorus I gradually increase the level of the high vocals by  half db first chorus, 1db next chorus, and so on until the song is finished.  Its subtle.. but it works.

Now Im not saying you should do this to your track...  it was just while we are on the subject of vocals thought I would share some tips

Hey, Allan,

Great to see you over here on the new forum!👍

This is a really cool song, well written and arranged, with excellent instrumental performances and fantastic vocals and harmonies.

Bit of a grim subject matter, but it makes for a cool dark rocker with a matching vibe.

Great stuff, Allan, have a good one!😀
Bob

• Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 5:46 PM, Chuck E Baby said:

Great work. love the writing, love the vocal melody. I could hear this recorded and mixed by Andy Wallace with Jeff Buckley feel to it.

Yeah, I wish, right?  Thanks for listening and commenting.  -- Allan

On 3/1/2019 at 2:25 PM, freddy j said:

A very cool song and well done!  As mentioned above it is kind of a dark message but the lyrics really tell a story that captures one's attention.

Nice one!!

Thanks Freddy -- much appreciated -- Allan

On 3/1/2019 at 3:54 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hey, Allan,

Great to see you over here on the new forum!👍

This is a really cool song, well written and arranged, with excellent instrumental performances and fantastic vocals and harmonies.

Bit of a grim subject matter, but it makes for a cool dark rocker with a matching vibe.

Great stuff, Allan, have a good one!😀
Bob

Hey Bob, thanks for listening and commenting -- I look forward to listening to your new songs -- Allan

Spun this three times before rendering opinion.  Love your vocal work.  Might be my ears, but the lead guitar sound a bit off key in some spots.  Not blatant and I wonder if you may just want it like that for artistic purposes because it doesn't necessarily sound out of place.  Oooh!  Those vocal harmonies are delicious.  Can't help but wonder what family this song is about but you got a great one here.

😃John B

On 3/1/2019 at 1:33 PM, soundregion said:

Nice mix and nice vocals. The bassline sounds a bit off in my ears, but maybe it's not supposed to sound "traditional"? 

Hey, thanks for listening and commenting -- Allan