Long Night - Final mix

Kevin Walsh

Thanks, David, I had to look that one up, ha! That guitar is a Telecaster Performer with a humbucker in the neck position (satin surf green!) played into S-Gear's Fast Leslie preset, which gangs two flangers to simulate a leslie sound. I love that sound and I tend to over-use it. I'm a fan of presets, I am much too impatient to spend my precious music time fiddling about to find a sound so I stand on the shoulders of giants! Thank  you for listening!

• 4 weeks later...

I figured this one deserved more of a listen than just on lappy speakers, so I just did that...and wow, it's even better than I thought it was. Bass tone is fab. Love that. Guitars not too shabby either. I also boosted the vox some and that sounds better to me, but you'll have to enlighten me on the first two words because I'm still struggling to make them out however much I boost the vox.

Detailed crits: (I know you said it's the final mix, but FWIW....)

I would bring down the cymbal crashes at 3:39 and 3:44 a smidge - as everything else fades away they seem to stay at the same volume which kind of makes them sound like they are even louder. Maybe that's the idea, but they stand out a bit too much for me.

There's a noise at 4:12 that sounds like it's not meant to be there - sounds a bit like an edit or the mic picking up some keyboard sound. Nit-picking now, but I'd have to get rid of that if it were mine.

A fine piece of work overall though.