Template Tempo Change Problem

TedPiano

Hi All,

Re: Changing Project Tempo

Have a very simple Start Template for beginning ideas i.e. drums AD2, Vox and Guitar. Before recording I try to estimate the required tempo by singing and playing to a very simple beat so I can set the tempo and begin recording.

I used to be able to simply change the tempo of the idea by inputting the tempo in the control strip/panel 

Now I change the tempo and it only alters the first bar which means lately I’ve been having to delete all the following bar tempos in the tempo view and try again. 

This problem is killing workflow and if I remember correctly never happened in X1 X2 X3 or Platinum.

Have I forgotten something very basic?

Any help most welcome

Thanks

Ed

I would first open up the Tempo view (Views/Tempo) and make sure there are no varying tempos there. Set it all to 120.

Now after you have found that tempo for your new idea, Open this window...

Arranging.54.1.png

Get to that by "Project > Insert Tempo Change".

Tap your tempo out. Change your tempo either here or in the main screen and go with it.

If you want to make multiple tempo changes, use this window as well. Place the Nowtime to the spot of the tempo change and open this window (don't forget to change "Insert new tempo".

EDIT:  Nevermind.  Chuck-E already said it all.  I just misread the beginning of his post.

Chuck E has the right idea but I would also open the Tempo View and see if there are any tempo data points that are already entered in your template's later measures, especially at the second measure if that is where it changes .  Be sure you zoom out all the way so you can see them all.  You can then "select all" and delete them easily if there are.  Or lasso them all with your mouse and delete them. Then save your template and you can start fresh and enter your desired tempo at the beginning of the project whenever you reopen the template.

Edited by BRainbow