CM Motormix

Jim Perhaps

Question

Does anyone have CM Motormix set up for Cakewalk by BandLab?    Any help with this would be great..  I have an older version of Sonar Producer 4 and it works very well with that version.   I tried moving the "MotorMix.dll" file from Sonar Producer 4 over to the Shared Surfaces folder of Cakewalk by BandLab but that does not work.  

CM Motormix is a great controller so any help getting it to work with Cakewalk by BandLab would be wonderful.

Jim

4 answers to this question

Promidi, you may very well have hit the nail on the head!!!   I am going to Google and see if there are an tutorials on how to rewrite a .dll from 32bit to 64bit.   That said I am not a programmer but I can follow instructions if they are not over my head.  Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Jim Perhaps said:

I am going to Google and see if there are an tutorials on how to rewrite a .dll from 32bit to 64bit.   That said I am not a programmer but I can follow instructions if they are not over my head.  Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate it.

If you're not a programmer then you will probably have to contact the vendor to see if they have made a 64bit version.

Rewriting a DLL would normally require the source code to do it reliably - something very few companies would be willing to give up.

Hi Promidi!  I understand about releasing the source code.  I found this tutorial on Youtube on how to register a 32bit dll  for use in 64bit system.  I successfully followed the instructions but it still did not work.   This control is extremely popular with Pro Tools users.    It is very well implemented in Sonar Producer 4.    But there is more!!

Really wanting to get Motormix to work I kept searching.  I did come across a file on the old Cakewalk website  "Cakewalk Control Surface Plugins _1.0.0.1".   After installing this I was able to get Motormix  to work but on a limited basis.   All the motorized faders work and sync with any work done on the on screen console view.   The transport controls work.   Mute, solo, arm work.  Oh and the leds do seem to work.  Love it

If Bandlab offered a feature rich control surface plugin for CM Motormix they might attract some Pro Tool users that are paying a subscription for Pro Tools.   

I will keep plugging away as I would love to make use of this control.   It is feature rich and some say it beats most controls out there.

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me on things.  It is greatly appreciated!

Jim

Motormix.chm MotorMix.dll

Edited by Jim Perhaps