Crash on deleting Plugin Vienna Library

Andres Medina

Hi @Andres Medina thanks for sending the dump. I looked at it and it does seem to be a crash in our code when destroying some automation parameters.

However we'll probably need the plugin to try and reproduce the issue. Does this happen even when starting with a new project and simply inserting and deleting this plugin? If its project specific you may need to send us the project file to try and reproduce it.

We'll investigate it further for next release.

23 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi @Andres Medina thanks for sending the dump. I looked at it and it does seem to be a crash in our code when destroying some automation parameters.

However we'll probably need the plugin to try and reproduce the issue. Does this happen even when starting with a new project and simply inserting and deleting this plugin? If its project specific you may need to send us the project file to try and reproduce it.

Hi Noel, thanks for your answer.

Good to know that there is an explanation! 

The crash happens every time I delete a Synchron Player instance, no matter if it's a new project or not. It happens every time, so it's very easy to reproduce.

In the meanwhile, I'll try the VST2 plugin instead of the VST3, as suggested by other user.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:56 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi, Noel.

I’ve got some new information:

The crash occurs only when deleting an instance of the Vienna Synchron Player Plugin AND USING IN ANY WAY IN COMBINATION WITH TRACK TEMPLATES (Save track template / load track template), as long as there are TWO instances of the plugin loaded using track template commands, and deleting the second of any of the instances -  WEIRD!

When inserting the plugin from the Insert/Soft Synth menu, it works fine, no matter how many instances are loaded in the project, as long as Track Templates are not involved.

BdLb crashes in the same way when Saving Track Templates, as I reported in another post.

To reproduce the crash:

1.      Insert Synchron Player

2.      Create (save) a track template

Close BdLab, Re Open

3.      Insert Synchron Player track template Instance #1

4.      Insert Synchron Player track template Instance #2

5.      Delete one Instance of Synchron Player

6.      (sometimes Bdlb crashes here)

7.      Delete second instance of Synchron Player

8.      (More Often BdLab crashes here)

Enclosed a new mini dump file.

Untitled_09122020_145435.dmp

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2020 at 4:00 PM, Andres Medina said:

Hi, Noel.

I’ve got some new information:

The crash occurs only when deleting an instance of the Vienna Synchron Player Plugin AND USING IN ANY WAY IN COMBINATION WITH TRACK TEMPLATES (Save track template / load track template), as long as there are TWO instances of the plugin loaded using track template commands, and deleting the second of any of the instances -  WEIRD!

When inserting the plugin from the Insert/Soft Synth menu, it works fine, no matter how many instances are loaded in the project, as long as Track Templates are not involved.

BdLb crashes in the same way when Saving Track Templates, as I reported in another post.

To reproduce the crash:

1.      Insert Synchron Player

2.      Create (save) a track template

Close BdLab, Re Open

3.      Insert Synchron Player track template Instance #1

4.      Insert Synchron Player track template Instance #2

5.      Delete one Instance of Synchron Player

6.      (sometimes Bdlb crashes here)

7.      Delete second instance of Synchron Player

8.      (More Often BdLab crashes here)

Enclosed a new mini dump file.

Untitled_09122020_145435.dmp 3.8 MB · 0 downloads

@Andres Medina thanks that is useful info. I've contacted Vienna for a license of the Synchron player but will also look into the templates steps and see if I can spot something wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 7:59 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Andres Medina thanks that is useful info. I've contacted Vienna for a license of the Synchron player but will also look into the templates steps and see if I can spot something wrong.

Hi Noel: Here is some additional info: the crashes occurs using the VST3 versions. Apparently with the VST2 there is no problem - Good luck!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Andres Medina I was finally able to get Syncron installed and have reproduced and fixed the crash issue. Thanks for reporting this!
The problem is actually not related to Syncron at all and I am able to reproduce it with any VST3 plugin. (The issue occurs with any VST but is easier to reproduce with a VST3)

The fix will be in our next release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2