Not a Deal : De ploser plugin

Zo

@Zo by far the best result I had the last time I was in need for a De-plosive massage was: zoom in to the waveform, cut just before the offending P, T, CH plosives -> make a short fade in (over the first portion of the sound) -> adjust the fade in to taste, done... Most natural sounding.. RX9 and others destroyed the sound too much for my liking!

It was truly worth the effort!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

@Zo by far the best result I had the last time I was in need for a De-plosive massage was: zoom in to the waveform, cut just before the offending P, T, CH plosives -> make a short fade in (over the first portion of the sound) -> adjust the fade in to taste, done... Most natural sounding.. RX9 and others destroyed the sound too much for my liking!

It was truly worth the effort!

Yep i know but you know how lazy we are now lol .... shame on me since i edited a lot of that take in soundforge to clean things around i should have done it then ... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zo said:

Yep i know but you know how lazy we are now lol .... shame on me since i edited a lot of that take in soundforge to clean things around i should have done it then ... 

as per Fleer's intuition 🙂

What I find strange is we actually waste lots of time by messing around.

....let's just put this (plugin) on, than this, great it sounds better, than this... fiddle more, than more.. almost always sounds better, right, at least louder - louder is better... than fiddle some more, adjust fiddle again.

Then I take everything away, and if level matched I almost always prefer the original. We loose so much especially with, De-Brethe, De-plause, de-ess, de-this, de-that = de-stroy!

I find this especially true for the vocals, presuming they are well recorded in the first place.  For all that ''wasted' time experimenting with the plugins I could have just gone through the original (edited) vocal track and make the required automation (or cuts- fades) for the relevant vocal elements.

Same time spent = much better final result. But is it more fun than fiddling with the plugs? no way... just way more hard work = better results.

But hold on aren't we the big boys with the toys, just love to be at play 🙂.?. SO here comes Larsy again with his another deal, we grab the 'virtual 'wallet, get the fix... and enjoy our play in our custom 'virtual' playground... finally! 

Seriously though... I always ask myself what is the reason for me destroying that lovely sound of my expensive mic,  boutique pre amp and great compressor chain that I used at the tracking stage?

• Like 3