66% Off Samplitude Pro X5 Suite (Get free BX Digitial V3, SpectraLayers Pro 7, iZotope RX 7 Elements & Ozone 9 Elements, coreFX Suite, SOUND FORGE Pro13)

Kal S

I think the only thing not current is the Sound Forge Pro 13, but that (of course) pops up an ad when you first use it to upgrade to SFP14 for $149.

One oddity I noticed after installing Spectral Layers Pro 7, was that the "Vstplugins" subfolder disappeared in the Steinberg directory. IIRC, that was where AAS defaulted to installing its VST2s. Everything that had been in there had a VST3 version, so I didn't lose any sleep over it, but it is something to note. I didn't realize it had vanished till I was trying to add that VST path to Samplitude.

FYI for anyone who has the Independence Pro libraries from earlier... Independence Pro will recognize you have them, but try to install them (again) in a "MAGIX" subdirectory, if you do not go about it a specific way. This video was useful to load them up again cleanly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 8:11 PM, Max Arwood said:

I love Samplitude for burning and mastering CDs. I used Sound forge, Wavelab, and Samplitude, back in the day. Sound Forge and Wavelab seemed best at small audio edits and converting bit rates etc.  I still like the object oriented design of Samplitude for making CDs.

Not giving MAGIX another dime.  I'm not seeing it invested back into the development of the products.  I've replaced them with Steinberg, pretty much.

Also, when you've heard good sample libraries, Independence just doesnt't cut it.  The orchestral Samples sound awful, not to mention it practically unusable on a HiDPI display.

Edited by Maestro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Extended until Nov. 15th!

Extended twice .. must not be to many people bitting even at $199

I have v3 and no notion of upgrading. I got SF Pro 12 via Humble for pitence and have Cakewalk plus Reason Intro ( as plugin ) plus FL Studio ( dont use much ).

So i would say people would REALLY want Samp for a specific reason before upgrading or buying? I also think whether upgrading or buying new is the $199 price so no break or diff for upgraders 

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Extended twice .. must not be to many people bitting even at $199

I have v3 and no notion of upgrading. I got SF Pro 12 via Humble for pitence and have Cakewalk plus Reason Intro ( as plugin ) plus FL Studio ( dont use much ).

So i would say people would REALLY want Samp for a specific reason before upgrading or buying? I also think whether upgrading or buying new is the $199 price so no break or diff for upgraders 

If you don't have Spectral Layers Pro this price is actually less than the price of SL7...so it's well worth it,
AND you get Convology XT Complete, which is $349, and other stuff...it's like getting Pro X5 Free...
It also means that Pro X6 is probably right around the corner

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

If you don't have Spectral Layers Pro this price is actually less than the price of SL7...so it's well worth it,
AND you get Convology XT Complete, which is $349, and other stuff...it's like getting Pro X5 Free...
It also means that Pro X6 is probably right around the corner

Indeed. So @cclarry its more about the plugins and extras rather than the DAW itself? And again, if you need another sampler or need the spectral?

All i am saying is it cuts down on the potential buying base?

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Indeed. So @cclarry its more about the plugins and extras rather than the DAW itself? And again, if you need another sampler or need the spectral?

All i am saying is it cuts down on the potential buying base?

I guess you could say that...the extras alone are well worth the price...

Every year they do this right before a new version drops...so I don't think that they are
cutting down the buyer base....just trying to build it up for more "Upgrades" when the 
new version drops...

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mettelus said:

Hmmm, this is sorta reminiscent of the SONAR Platinum Lifetime offer... I hope it doesn't end the same way.

Magix does this all the time...they're not going anywhere any time soon!  They make the high end
Sequoia, which is their Nuendo", and Magix does TONS of other software.  Samplitude will be around
for a long while...they usually do this right before a new version hits...

28 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Magix does this all the time...they're not going anywhere any time soon!  They make the high end
Sequoia, which is their Nuendo", and Magix does TONS of other software.  Samplitude will be around
for a long while...they usually do this right before a new version hits...

Samplitude goes on sale weeks after release.  You can buy it on sale 7-9 months out of a year.  The MSRP exists only to make the sales prices look amazing.

And it may be, to the right person.

Don't know why they bundle Sound Forge Pro 13. The only reason to use Sound Forge Pro instead of Samplitude to edit Audio is for automatic zero-crossing snapping Samplitude has a solution, though not as elegant).  Sound Forge is so utterly redundant that it is going to be an effectively value-less product bundle to most buyers.  Samplitude is actually a better workflow for editing audio than for music production 😉

That is why I would buy it.  Audio Editing and Mastering...  I wouldn't buy it for production (well, I did, and regretted it), unless you mainly do acoustic music recording (naturally, it is very good at that).  I would buy Suite if you think you need both SL7 and SFP13, though Steinberg has a 50% off sale for SL going at the moment.  If you only need SL Elements, then just buy that at half off ($40 or so).

If you are looking into getting into recording orchestras and editing that kind of music, then you should investigate Pyramix Pro, as Samplitude lacks 4 Point Editing and Sequoia is hilariously expensive.  For that kind of work, Pyramix Pro is closer to Sequoia at Samplitude Pro X4 Suite's price point than Samplitude itself.  You could possibly save yourself $2,500+ (or a lot of time trying to fudge this kind of work in Samplitude).

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

Samplitude goes on sale weeks after release.  You can buy it on sale 7-9 months out of a year.  The MSRP exists only to make the sales prices look amazing.

And it may be, to the right person.

Don't know why they bundle Sound Forge Pro 13. The only reason to use Sound Forge Pro instead of Samplitude to edit Audio is for automatic zero-crossing snapping Samplitude has a solution, though not as elegant).  Sound Forge is so utterly redundant that it is going to be an effectively value-less product bundle to most buyers.  Samplitude is actually a better workflow for editing audio than for music production 😉

BUT we still need an audio editor for CAKEWALK dont we?

So Soundforge in any version does that job and yes I know you also have Audacity. But for me traditionally and going way back it has been SF ..  

4 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

But for me traditionally and going way back it has been SF .. 

Back in the day I couldn't justify the cash outlay for SF, so I went with Cool Edit. That was a hellava program there. I can still run CE2K on Win10. But I have moved on to Audition. I only have the last version that they put out before going subscription. To me Audition is just an updated GUI version of Cool Edit Pro 2k. All the real meat and potatoes fx are still there and working like they always did. Editing features are mostly the same as before CE became Audition. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

BUT we still need an audio editor for CAKEWALK dont we?

So Soundforge in any version does that job and yes I know you also have Audacity. But for me traditionally and going way back it has been SF ..  

It depends on what kind of work you do.  If you edit audio so much in a way that would even require Sound Forge or SpectraLayers, then I'd actually say you should buy this more for Samplitude and do that work there - not in Cakewalk by BandLab.  It's much better for that kind of work, and Sound Forge is really 99% redundant - Samplitude is so good at this ,that it makes almost no sense to bundle Sound Forge Pro in the package.  This is why they can bundle an old version and no one really cares.  Most Samplitude users don't even use Sound Forge, and I wouldn't be surprised if most didn't see a need to install it.

Apart from that, Sound Forge Audio Studio is still overpowered for this use case, and far cheaper.

Different DAWs exist and some of them bias heavily to certain types of workflows.  If I were mostly recording acoustic music and editing audio, I'd probably use Samplitude any day over Cakewalk.  That is right up its wheel house.  Cakewalk has a better workflow for the production of some other types/genres of music, and a better UI/UX (not necessarily feature set, as Samplitude is deceptively stacked) for doing MIDI composition, though. What you use depends on what you use.

ARA was developed to eliminate the need to round trip destructively to applications like audio editors.

Audacity is not a Wave Editor.  It's a Digital Audio Workstation without MIDI capabilities - like Merging Pyramix.  Using Audacity as an external wave editor with Cakewalk makes as much sense as using Samplitude as Cakewalk's external wave editor.  It's not designed for this, or this type of use case.  This is why it's such an annoyance to use (i.e. insists on offering to save project files, instead of just saving over the audio file when you CTRL-S).

Edited by Maestro
  • Like 1

A heads up .. for anyone looking to download there past MAGIX PRO stuff from here:

https://www.magix.com/us/support/pro-audio-downloads/

You will not be able to. All the Download links dont work, take you to support.

So you need to email - infoservice@magix.net - and ask them to resolve. I did this and they emailed me a personal ISO link ( 6.9GB ). Only downside its extremely slow.

I asked why the download links were not working anymore and the rep said they are in process of taking them off that page and will be coming up with a more customer friendly process

15 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

A heads up .. for anyone looking to download there past MAGIX PRO stuff from here:

https://www.magix.com/us/support/pro-audio-downloads/

You will not be able to. All the Download links dont work, take you to support.

So you need to email - infoservice@magix.net - and ask them to resolve. I did this and they emailed me a personal ISO link ( 6.9GB ). Only downside its extremely slow.

I asked why the download links were not working anymore and the rep said they are in process of taking them off that page and will be coming up with a more customer friendly process

They are now in your REGULAR Magix Account.  They were merged a while ago Aidan...