Horrible noise during playback

PittsburghSteelMan

I created a new project from a live show. It is just a 2-track 24 bit 44.1k WAV file recorded on to a USB stick and taken using the record function of a Behringer X32-Producer console. I imported it into Cakewalk and everything was hunky dory until today. What is happening is when I load the project and try to play it through a Tascam US-1800 I get a sound like you hear when you tune an FM receiver where there's no channel or an off-the-air TV channel. Just a bunch of distorted white noise but almost loud enough to fry the headphones. The US-1800 driver version is 2.05 and I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Edition fully patched (Winver 2004 (OS Build 19041.508), 16 GB RAM and a Samsung 870 EVO 2 TB SSD. LatencyMon shows nothing out of the ordinary. Has anyone seen this issue before and how can I fix it? If you need anything more information from me I'll be sure to supply it...

Thanks much,

Jon

Good catch! I was using driver version 2.05 and updated it to 2.07rc1 (the latest version even though it's a release candidate.) My guess is they retired development since it's an obsolete product. But that wasn't the root cause...there was a record WAV file and when I listened to it outside of Cakewalk, I heard the noise. I removed it from the Audio folder and now the noise is gone, however now every time I open the project it's looking for the file and I can't figure out how to tell Cakewalk to permanently ignore it...screenshots below. I've also attached the WAV file just in case you want to hear it but turn down your volume first ;).

2020-09-11_9-19-46.jpg.c602b9c382145199846d2f0433d4089d.jpg2020-09-11_9-21-40.jpg.79413fcc7ef12bac259396a3ec879a7a.jpgWaterView Band Labor Day 01, Track 1, Rec (4).wav

• 3 years later...