Jump to content
Morten Saether

2020.09 Overview

Recommended Posts

Noel said they were gong to address the now time scroll bar not moving to the center when zooming with control surfaces, as it before before. One of the updates got rid of that options and it was said that they would look into it. Its been 2 or 3 updates later and it still doesn't behave as it used to. Its more of a pain for the users who use control surfaces.

When you press the zoom + or - with your muse, it automatically centers the zoom in or outs. The same used to be for the control surfaces that have zoom knobs (wheels, buttons etc etc)  A update that happened in the past wiped that out for some reason.  Now its a pain to use the zoom with the CTL surface

 

Thank you,

CJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Noel said they were gong to address the now time scroll bar not moving to the center when zooming with control surfaces, as it before before. One of the updates got rid of that options and it was said that they would look into it. Its been 2 or 3 updates later and it still doesn't behave as it used to. Its more of a pain for the users who use control surfaces.

When you press the zoom + or - with your muse, it automatically centers the zoom in or outs. The same used to be for the control surfaces that have zoom knobs (wheels, buttons etc etc)  A update that happened in the past wiped that out for some reason.  Now its a pain to use the zoom with the CTL surface

 

Thank you,

CJ

Doesn't "Center on Now Time with Keyboard Zoom" bring back this behaviour?

It's in the Track View "Options" menu.

[Edit] - it looks like you also have to set your Mouse Wheel Horizontal zoom options to "At Now Time" too... this shouldn't be necessary. We'll look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The sheet music in cakewalk works in a wrong way, it does not show all the notes, it is erratic, could you solve this problem and on the other hand add new functions for inserting symbols? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Noel said they were gong to address the now time scroll bar not moving to the center when zooming with control surfaces, as it before before. One of the updates got rid of that options and it was said that they would look into it. Its been 2 or 3 updates later and it still doesn't behave as it used to. Its more of a pain for the users who use control surfaces.

When you press the zoom + or - with your muse, it automatically centers the zoom in or outs. The same used to be for the control surfaces that have zoom knobs (wheels, buttons etc etc)  A update that happened in the past wiped that out for some reason.  Now its a pain to use the zoom with the CTL surface

 

Thank you,

CJ

 

17 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Doesn't "Center on Now Time with Keyboard Zoom" bring back this behaviour?

It's in the Track View "Options" menu.

[Edit] - it looks like you also have to set your Mouse Wheel Horizontal zoom options to "At Now Time" too... this shouldn't be necessary. We'll look into it.

@CJ Jacobson - this has been fixed for the next release.

In the meantime, if you make sure "Center on Now Time with Keyboard Zoom" is checked and also your mouse zoom settings are set to "At Now Time" this should work:

image.png.3e9324cc3c2857cbb7d970016621c8ef.pngimage.png.1954608216ec5d8bfe028e600fdb6458.png

In the next release, you'll be able to set your mouse options independently of the "Center on Now Time with Keyboard Zoom" setting.

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the "Instert Audio Tab" worked with the mouse wheel before? My list is a bit longer now, but can't scroll with the mouse wheel. Clicking to the bottom of the list feels ancient. 😭

 

 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 6:57 AM, msmcleod said:

 

@CJ Jacobson - this has been fixed for the next release.

In the meantime, if you make sure "Center on Now Time with Keyboard Zoom" is checked and also your mouse zoom settings are set to "At Now Time" this should work:

image.png.3e9324cc3c2857cbb7d970016621c8ef.pngimage.png.1954608216ec5d8bfe028e600fdb6458.png

In the next release, you'll be able to set your mouse options independently of the "Center on Now Time with Keyboard Zoom" setting.

  

It Worked and my life is just a bit easier now. Thanks!!!

Edited by CJ Jacobson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Day Bakers and Members. 

I see when selecting two or four tracks to resize together does not work. It never bothered me until a few weeks ago. 

The Auto Zoom on tracks works just fine. I see the Shift+Z command has also been disabled to be manually added in keyboard shortcuts - which is not a deal breaker. 

What is though, is the ability to highlight selected tracks to resize in on tracks with Ctrl+Drag option on highlighted tracks alone. 

 

Thanks.

~Will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...