No Project Changes Detected

Neil

So back in November of last year I had to stop playing guitar due to a wrist issue, but even then I remember this issue coming about and I have no idea why. I still cant play guitar but decided to load up cakewalk and fix a few drum parts of some songs I made, so I go in, make my drum changes (admittedly not much, but I changed the beat) and then like normal, I save and then export to bandlab. After it goes through its exporting process I get an error that pops up saying "No Project Changes Detected." It seems a little weird that I change a whole drum pattern for a section of a song and its telling me no changes were made.

This happens on multiple songs with varying degrees of frequency but as of right now I cant upload anything. However Bandlab DID upload (as I loaded this project mentioned above) another song that I havent touched in over a year.

I literally just updated both Bandlab and Cakewalk before loading up my project, but as I said earlier, this issue has been going on personally for me, for over a year.  I am also not using any plugins. Its straight cakewalk.

I love to be able to upload to bandlab, get in my car and play it through my phone to really get a feel for things so this is pretty disappointing. Also I imagine if I wanted to collaborate with someone on something this would be a huge issue.

Any fixes for this?

I don't understand why you have to upload to Bandlab to listen to a song? 

Export it as a wave or MP3.

Burn a CD or put it on a USB stick if your car stereo supports that. 

If your using Bluetooth and a cell phone copy the MP3 using drag and drop, itunes or Email the song to yourself. Put it in Drop Box or One drive, Make a You Tube video,,, I can think of a lot of way I can listen to my songs. 

I dont "HAVE" to upload to bandlab, I "WANT" to upload to bandlab.

1) I dont want a file of each version of a song on my phone. I also dont want to put it on there and delete it each time. 2) Using bandlab literally cuts out multiple steps that you suggested. I (normally) cant just hit export to bandlab and in a few minutes I can open up my bandlab app on my phone and its there. Generally by the time I get in my car, its already uploaded.  I dont have to make an mp3, drag it to an app, drag it from that app to my phone, etc... On my bandlab app I have songs on there with like 15 versions stating from the first recording and you can go back and listen to that progress and change from when you started the project. I think thats a really cool feature.

I know I can make mp3s, put them on my phone and make a youtube video (wtf?) . My point is that there is this feature in Cakewalk that clearly states "Export to bandlab" that does not seem to be working properly. A feature that I have used plenty of times but sometimes has this issue. Just like anyone else on this forum asking why this  or that is not working properly. I just want to know if there is a possible fix for this that anyone knows about.

I'm trying to export the tracks in a Cakewalk project to Bandlab unsuccessfully. I know the reason why it is not working but I do not know how to fix it. According to the Cakewalk manual :

"The project is exported to the C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\BandLab\Uploads folder. BandLab Assistant (see
“BandLab Assistant” on page 165) detects any new or updated folder and files, and automatically uploads them to your BandLab library.

My problem is that my project is exporting to C:\Users\<user name>\OneDrive\Documents\BandLab\Uploads folder rather than C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\BandLab\Uploads folder. I see nowhere to change to export destination. Help!!!

Hi @Neil

We've been working on some major changes for BandLab integration that should greatly improve the workflow for sharing to BandLab. It will be more deeply integrated into Cakewalk and you shouldn't have issue like this going forward.  I agree that the BandLab integration should work better. What we have is the first cut that was done some time ago.
I can't say yet when the new features will be available but it should be fairly soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ben Shelden said:

I'm trying to export the tracks in a Cakewalk project to Bandlab unsuccessfully. I know the reason why it is not working but I do not know how to fix it. According to the Cakewalk manual :

"The project is exported to the C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\BandLab\Uploads folder. BandLab Assistant (see
“BandLab Assistant” on page 165) detects any new or updated folder and files, and automatically uploads them to your BandLab library.

My problem is that my project is exporting to C:\Users\<user name>\OneDrive\Documents\BandLab\Uploads folder rather than C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\BandLab\Uploads folder. I see nowhere to change to export destination. Help!!!

You can solve this by disabling the One drive automatic backup integration which redirects folders on the PC.

• 4 months later...
38 minutes ago, Brent Villeneuve said:

Has there been any resolve to this issue yet? I'm experiencing the same problem trying to export from Cakewalk right to Bandlab. 

Not sure about this specific issue, but there are more recent comments related to work being done for a major revision to integration with Bandlab in this thread.