2020.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

1 minute ago, Guillermo Diaz said:

But why in the other version dont need to do that? I rebbot my system 3 times and keeps freezing on the splash screen, and none of other programs, like Virtual instruments in stand alone mode dont need to do any driver change.

after i install the update, the bandlab app says that cannot open Cakewalk.exe, and i try to run as administrator as the popup says, and the app keeps freeze.

Are you getting an error opening from BandLab Assistant? What happens if you try to open the app directly from either the shortcut in Programs in Windows or by running the Cakewalk.exe file in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core?

Just now, Jonathan Sasor said:

Are you getting an error opening from BandLab Assistant? What happens if you try to open the app directly from either the shortcut in Programs in Windows or by running the Cakewalk.exe file in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core?

In both cases, CbB dont pass the splash screen, an yes, the error opening is from the bandlab assistant

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Can you provide a screen shot/video of what you're seeing? Ctrl+clicking the envelope should grab that segment of the envelope between the nodes. Also try just creating an envelope in a new project and see if it behaves the way you're expecting. On my end it's working per the docs. There hasn't been any changes to that part of the app recently, so it'd be very odd if the update changed that on your system. 

I think the update somehow corrupted some of my projects. This problem seems to arise on projects that I was working on at the time of the update. New projects work as expected and older projects do as well. It just gets weird on the 4 tunes I've been working on for a client the last few weeks. Can that happen? I don't think I've ever run into this before. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Jonathan!

"Closing a 3rd party plug-in UI can crash the application by sending WM_QUIT message"

Hi Noel, just wondering whether this fix may address the unexpected occasional issue I see where I'm adjusting a parameter on a 3rd party plugin and Cakewalk just closes and disappears. No warnings, errors, nothing, it just closes. I know your bug fix is for the closing of a 3rd party plug-in, not changing the UI,  but I'm hoping it may relate to the rare but scary condition I sometimes encounter.  Cheers.

6 hours ago, Millzy said:

"Closing a 3rd party plug-in UI can crash the application by sending WM_QUIT message"

Hi Noel, just wondering whether this fix may address the unexpected occasional issue I see where I'm adjusting a parameter on a 3rd party plugin and Cakewalk just closes and disappears. No warnings, errors, nothing, it just closes. I know your bug fix is for the closing of a 3rd party plug-in, not changing the UI,  but I'm hoping it may relate to the rare but scary condition I sometimes encounter.  Cheers.

Based on your description, this sounds like a different plugin crash issue. Is it a particular plugin that you're using when you see this crash?

Has no one else had the problem of snap responding differently from my keyboard shortcut than clucking the grid on the toolbar?

The global and prv snap remain connected from the grid button, but separately from the shortcut?

Any thoughts?

15 hours ago, Millzy said:

No its not the same issue. If the app is closing with no crash its almost sure that the plugin is corrupting the application heap. That is the most common symptom.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:53 AM, Morten Saether said:

Hi all - please use this topic to post feedback specific to 2020.09. Release-specific feedback is valuable to us, and consolidating it in a single topic is extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

2020.09 Release Notes

Thanks for the update!   Is there a way to download the Cakewalk.exe file so I have a locally-saved backup?

Sincerely,

Jerry

20 hours ago, Tommy Byrnes said:

I think the update somehow corrupted some of my projects. This problem seems to arise on projects that I was working on at the time of the update. New projects work as expected and older projects do as well. It just gets weird on the 4 tunes I've been working on for a client the last few weeks. Can that happen? I don't think I've ever run into this before. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Jonathan!

Please send a copy of a project that has the issue and I can look at it. There are no changes in this update that could affect this.

46 minutes ago, E-Woof Music said:

Please where is the option to enable and disable the midi output. I cannot find it in the synth rack. 

Mine looks different than yours; not sure why. I have an "Enable MIDI Output" checkbox.

image.png.f4b04c7e63875c02edccd7ef9012f012.png

Edited by User 905133
to add in the statement in the previous post to which I am responding
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Based on your description, this sounds like a different plugin crash issue. Is it a particular plugin that you're using when you see this crash?

No. The last few times I remember one was the Waves Abbey Road Redd desk plugin, and a few days ago it happened and it was Izotope Neutron 3.  

6 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

No its not the same issue. If the app is closing with no crash its almost sure that the plugin is corrupting the application heap. That is the most common symptom.

OK, thanks.

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:
13 hours ago, E-Woof Music said:

Please where is the option to enable and disable the midi output. I cannot find it in the synth rack. 

Mine looks different than yours; not sure why. I have an "Enable MIDI Output" checkbox.

I have an "Enable MIDI Output" checkbox but mine is grayed out and it's checked. I don't know why...?