Free update to Komplete 13 if you register a (BOXED?) Komplete 12 during September

Tomgu

1 hour ago, Cristian said:

Now I feel a bit dumb having bought K11U -> K12CE during the summer of sounds sale 😂

I could have gotten a Komplete 12U / CE upgrade for even cheaper AND a K13U/CE for free...

Honestly only reason I didn’t do same as you is that I talked myself out of needing the CE content in order to save storage space.  However, when this option to update to K13CE from K12U/CE came up i took a couple of shots of liquor, forgot everything I spent hours agonizing/researching about, and then hit purchase button 😂. I’m still not installing everything but they made some things CE available only so couldn’t pass it up at that price.

On 9/30/2020 at 5:13 PM, ZincT said:

It's 23:10 here in the UK and nothing in my account yet. Any luck with yours?

I guess I will sleep on it and look again in the morning 🤞

I'm in the US (Chicago) and still haven't received anything regarding the free update. Are you or anyone else still waiting for the free update? If others are in the same boat, I will wait before sending tech support an email. 

6 hours ago, Peter DeLegge said:

I'm in the US (Chicago) and still haven't received anything regarding the free update. Are you or anyone else still waiting for the free update? If others are in the same boat, I will wait before sending tech support an email. 

I am still waiting for my K13 Ultimate upgrade but have been following the KVR thread on this subject. It looks like NI dealt with the Collector's Edition upgrades first (yesterday) and in reverse order working backwards from those who upgraded on 30th September. 

Maybe we will hear something today but NI did say to allow up to a week and as Kevin H says there is manual work involved in doing the upgrades so who knows. 

Edited by ZincT

First impressions of GR6 are that it's a really big upgrade from GR5 and not just for guitar (you can filter the browser for effects for different instruments)! It has an excellent new resizable UI and browser.

A quick flick through some of the amps and effects and I think they sound a big improvement on GR5. This could actually replace most of the other stuff I own.

Just downloading Noire now and feeling like a kid with too many new toys and not enough time to play with them :) !
Pharlight and Super 8 will be next, oh and Stradivari Violin. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ZincT said:

First impressions of GR6 are that it's a really big upgrade from GR5 and not just for guitar (you can filter the browser for effects for different instruments)! It has an excellent new resizable UI and browser.

I'm interested in this...GR5 was looking a bit long in the tooth.  And I've lots of better amp sims now.

Lots of the amps are the same IIRC so I wonder if they've gone back and remodelled them ?  I'm cynical enough to think that it's mainly a new skin.  They are using the "machine learning" buzzword so that makes me suspicous :)

11 minutes ago, simon said:

I'm interested in this...GR5 was looking a bit long in the tooth.  And I've lots of better amp sims now.

Lots of the amps are the same IIRC so I wonder if they've gone back and remodelled them ?  I'm cynical enough to think that it's mainly a new skin.  They are using the "machine learning" buzzword so that makes me suspicous :)

Their webpage says that the three new models Chicago, Fire Breather and Bass Invader uses their new Intelligent Circuit Modelling but to my ears even the old amps sound better than they did in GR5. I'll have a better listen when I get more time although I expect a raft of Youtube reviews to appear very soon comparing old with new.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/guitar-rig-6-pro/amps-and-cabinets/ 

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

@ZincT  Incredible service from GEAR4MUSIC ( Im in Ireland ).

I have Komplete 11, I went for the 12 upgrade at GEAR4MUSIC at 7pm on Tuesday night, last day of September. It comes via depo in Sweden and arrived here just now. Man, thats fast.

Anyway, I now have the BOX with the USB Drive and the serial card. So i assume I register that via the NATIVE ACCESS? And the K13 upgrade will auto come to me at some point? I dont need to do anything else?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@ZincT  Incredible service from GEAR4MUSIC ( Im in Ireland ).

I have Komplete 11, I went for the 12 upgrade at GEAR4MUSIC at 7pm on Tuesday night, last day of September. It comes via depo in Sweden and arrived here just now. Man, thats fast.

Anyway, I now have the BOX with the USB Drive and the serial card. So i assume I register that via the NATIVE ACCESS? And the K13 upgrade will auto come to me at some point? I dont need to do anything else?

Good to hear Aidan! They are my local store (York) and I would have bought from them but Scan offered free next day delivery. 

I just entered my serial in NA and the rest was taken care of. After I received the email from NI this morning I went into NA and the new stuff was there waiting 👍

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Good to hear Aidan! They are my local store (York) and I would have bought from them but Scan offered free next day delivery. 

I just entered my serial in NA and the rest was taken care of. After I received the email from NI this morning I went into NA and the new stuff was there waiting 👍

Ok @ZincT .. Just entered / registered my K12 reg code into Native Access. Received email with a free €25 voucher for registering K12. 

I assume at some point later my K13 upgrade email will arrive?

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Ok @ZincT .. Just entered / registered my K12 reg code into Native Access. Received email with a free €25 voucher for registering K12. 

I assume at some point later my K13 upgrade email will arrive?

You might need to email NI and explain. I imagine they will be fine.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, musical said:

You might need to email NI and explain. I imagine they will be fine.

Did that via:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000092577-Registration-and-Activation

Within 2 mins .. all sorted and K13 registered to my account .. so thats my weekend sorted :D

BTW .. i assume it might be a good idea to uninstall, in my case K11 before adding K13 or at least uninstall all the older versions like GR 5 etc?

• Like 1

@aidan o driscoll That's great, you had less time to wait than I did! Let the partying commence 🥳 .. or at least the downloading 😆

You don't need to uninstall anything, it will just add a series of products in NA that can be installed.

I tend to keep old things like GR5 and Kontakt 5 as some old projects still use them. 

Edited by ZincT