Arranger getting stuck and more!

Al Murray

I am running the latest Cakewalk permutation and sometimes (not every project but often enough to be annoying) the arranger gets stuck - for want of a better word. When entering a name for the section I've created it won't let me close the box - this means keyboard shortcuts don't work as the box is treating them as entries. I have to use the transport controls or tool bar controls instead.  In the Arranger box in the track inspector dragging sections down to the lower compartment sometimes results in the appearance of the sections overlapping or getting blurred - it's then something of a crap shoot as to how the arrangement player will  interpret them.

Is anyone else experiencing similar? Because other than these issues, it's cute addition to Cakewalk

I've only recently started playing around with the Arranger, but I havent seen the behaviour you're describing.  After I created my Arranger sections,  I double clicked on each one (over in the Arranger Tab) and then typed their new name in then hit 'Enter'.  Are you saying that doesnt work for you?  What about if up on the timeline you right-click the section with your mouse and select 'Rename'?  Will that let you rename the sections? I'm not sure what you mean about keyboard shortcuts.

As for the weird overlapping stuff you're seeing, I've not had that happen either.

Edited by Millzy

On 9/9/2020 at 3:52 AM, Al Murray said:

I am running the latest Cakewalk permutation and sometimes (not every project but often enough to be annoying) the arranger gets stuck - for want of a better word. When entering a name for the section I've created it won't let me close the box - this means keyboard shortcuts don't work as the box is treating them as entries. I have to use the transport controls or tool bar controls instead.  In the Arranger box in the track inspector dragging sections down to the lower compartment sometimes results in the appearance of the sections overlapping or getting blurred - it's then something of a crap shoot as to how the arrangement player will  interpret them.

Is anyone else experiencing similar? Because other than these issues, it's cute addition to Cakewalk

Yes, same here with the arranger hanging.

Haven´t tried with the latest update. It's supposed to be fixed.

• 1 month later...