Audio devices - where's the sound card output

George DaNova

What do you see in your Device Manager under "Audio Inputs and outputs" and "Sound, video and game controllers"?

Could the internal card be disabled in Device Manager? If it is enabled, it should show up under Cakewalk > Preferences > Audio > Devices.

Do you see anything other than the "audio interface" you've connected? What is the brand/model of the audio interfacce?

What driver type are you using? ASIO ?

20 hours ago, George DaNova said:

Just connected an audio interface and everything fine, but I wanted to try to output from the computer's sound card (headphone output).

It's not clear what you mean. If you have an audio interface connected to a computer, the sound is coming from your audio interface, not from your computer's soud card.

• 2 months later...

Just to wrap this up and reply to @lamposa, sometimes I work without an audio interface, and just use a simple MIDI interface and/or a USB controller with Cakewalk. In those cases I set my Driver Mode to WASAPI and the master output to my computer sound card. This works fine, as the digital to analog conversion for monitoring is not as critical as the analog to digital conversion that the audio interface provides. So I'm just using the computer's headphone output to monitor, either with headphones or by patching that up to speakers.