MIDI Choir

cclarry

• 1 month later...

Can someone please write instructions on how to route the tracks in Cakewalk for MIDI Choir to work? I checked all the instruction videos on youtube (they are all in some other DAW's, not Cakewalk), and I just can't get the tracks to route properly. Thank you very much in advance!

9 hours ago, Luka said:

Can someone please write instructions on how to route the tracks in Cakewalk for MIDI Choir to work? I checked all the instruction videos on youtube (they are all in some other DAW's, not Cakewalk), and I just can't get the tracks to route properly. Thank you very much in advance!

The deals forum isn't the best for this (you might want to open a thread in Instruments & Effects).  In order to be able to send MIDI to the MIDI Chorus plugin you have to enable MIDI Input to it using the drop down above the plugin in Cakewalk

9cOjq7.jpg

So basically put it on a audio track.  Enable the MIDI input.  Add a MIDI track and route it to the MIDI Choir (which will now be a choice in the MIDI track's output drop down).

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 10/14/2020 at 1:43 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

The deals forum isn't the best for this (you might want to open a thread in Instruments & Effects).  In order to be able to send MIDI to the MIDI Chorus plugin you have to enable MIDI Input to it using the drop down above the plugin in Cakewalk

9cOjq7.jpg

So basically put it on a audio track.  Enable the MIDI input.  Add a MIDI track and route it to the MIDI Choir (which will now be a choice in the MIDI track's output drop down).

@msmcleod

Hi,
Has anyone managed to use MIDICHOIR in Cakewalk Bandlab?

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

@msmcleod

Hi,
Has anyone managed to use MIDICHOIR in Cakewalk Bandlab?

I managed to do it as follows.
For basic use I used 3 tracks, one with the audio of the original voice, another with the audio of the duplicated voice and a third MIDI.
1) Insert the MIDICHOIR in the second audio track. (track 1 and 2 have the same WAV content)
2) Enable MIDI Input/Output Plugin.
3) I created the MIDI content by copying it with CTRL - SHIFT and dragging the audio file to the MIDI track, transforming its content into MIDI.
4) I set the MIDI output to MIDCHOIR.

It worked.

Detail > Only works if the track has the same recorded audio content as the track where the MIDICHOIR was inserted

I got good results from multiple voices doing only the sung melodic sequence (Song Chords)

image.png.e79a7e6c0307a8558c65b442b9b6f47c.png

Edited by Milton Sica
  • Thanks 1