Do you use the empty space below the Tracks pane?

Starship Krupa

Empty space below the Tracks Pane?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you click, drag, mousewheel or otherwise use the empty space below the Tracks pane in Track View?

• Yes, I do it as part of my regular workflow (selecting, wheel zooming, setting Now Time, etc.)
    • I avoid it or never see it because I use so many tracks or keep the Bus pane open
    • Sometimes by accident
    • I didn't know that Cakewalk would do anything if I did

When I'm working in the Track View and have my tracks set up (using folders or just very few tracks) so that there's an empty space below them, I use my mouse in that area to zoom with the wheel, set Now Time, and make selections (the Smart Tool goes to Select down there).

The reason is that it's a guaranteed "safe" place to click, with few consequences if my finger slips. I don't have to be concerned with accidentally focusing or selecting  a track or muting a clip or any of the things that might happen if I clicked in the wrong place in a track.

How about you?

(I'm curious, and I've never created a poll before, so here it is)

Thanks for participating.

I can't edit the thing, so if you use it "sometimes," "occasionally," or "every so often" please vote "Yes." That's "regularly" enough. 😎

I'm trying to get a feel for whether behaviors when clicking and dragging in that space are important to people other than me, and also if anyone votes any of the 3 options other than "Yes" I'll be asking how they perform certain operations that I often do down in that area. I might find out better ways to do what I'm doing.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:10 PM, Starship Krupa said:

...it's a guaranteed "safe" place to click, with few consequences if my finger slips. I don't have to be concerned with accidentally focusing or selecting  a track or muting a clip or any of the things that might happen if I clicked in the wrong place in a track...

I often click on blank spaces for the same reason, not necessarily that particular space, but yes I do this sometimes.

• Like 1