wide screen - split Multidock left/right?

Peter Stiens

Question

Hi Cakewalk-Team,

your DAW is still great and getting better and better with every update, Thank you.

My Question:

I have a wide screen and I want to arrange Piano Roll and Console view inside the Multidock side by side, so that i.e. piano roll is on the left and console on the right or vice versa?

Can s.o. help, please, cause I am not getting it.

Thank you 

best regards

Peter

8 answers to this question

I know of no way to do exactly this, however, if you just wish to have them both open, side by side, that's easy.

Did you know that these Views (and others, like Staff and Matrix) can survive outside the MultiDock in their own windows? I didn't for a long time.

With the MultiDock open, click on the tab of the View you want to liberate, and drag it outside the MultiDock.

The Inspector, Browser, Synth Rack, and Help modules can also be undocked from the Track View window by expanding them, then clicking on the "Undock" button in the corner of the pane.

Once a View or other module is undocked, you can either drag it back to dock it again, or click on the X in the upper right corner to banish it. Once banished in this way, you'll have to use the Views menu or keystroke to see it again. I use this method to maximize usable area in my Tracks pane when editing on my laptop.

4 hours ago, Peter Stiens said:

I have a wide screen and I want to arrange Piano Roll and Console view inside the Multidock side by side, so that i.e. piano roll is on the left and console on the right or vice versa?

Personally, I think it would be a great feature to be able to have multiple adjustable panes within the Multidock--much like we have the track pane and the bus pane in the Track View and like we have track, bus, and hardware output panes in the Console View.

• Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

I'm running a 49" super ultrawide here so this kind of thing would be super useful for me too.

Ideally, I'd love for the UI to be similar to, say, the Adobe suite where you can dock anything pretty much anywhere you like, even as sub windows to other windows.

That would be the very best option, but for now being able to split the multidock would help very much.

I have a flat samsung widescreen in my home studio and a curved samsung wide screen in my home office.