[Feature Request] Option for ProChannel routing as Post-FX rack by default

Sandy Corzeta

Based on my Q&A post regarding on how to setting up ProChannel routing as post by default. I would like to make a such a feature request to the developer for adding an option to make this possible to be changed through the config file or maybe in the Cakewalk preference. Because considering my workflow that oftenly use softsynth and using the FX rack as a pre-mix stage (sculpting sound) then utilizing ProChannel as final (finishing mix).

Thank you

I was going to suggest using a track template, but for some reason the pre/post setting isn't saved with the template. I'll raise this as a bug with the team.

In the meantime, the quickest way to get around this is to use quick grouping to change all your tracks:

postfx_quickgroup.gif

It is something that would need to be stored in templates if the request ever materialized.

The request itself seems like a quick hit extending "set modules as default default" with flags stored in bus and track folders in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\DefaultPCModules

21 hours ago, msmcleod said:

In the meantime, the quickest way to get around this is to use quick grouping to change all your tracks:

Almost the quickest.

The quickest is to change the setting with a single mouse click and drag using the Smart Swipe feature.

Just click and hold on the first one you want to change, then swipe across the other ones, then release. Done.

I used to use Quick Groups all the time for changing button states, before I stumbled across Smart Swipe in the documentation. Now all button states get Smart Swipe if they support it.

Some things that can't be Quick Grouped can be Smart Swiped, like all the buttons in the Hardware Outputs panel. So handy for changing the fader lock button.

Edited by Starship Krupa

On 9/6/2020 at 1:02 PM, msmcleod said:

I was going to suggest using a track template, but for some reason the pre/post setting isn't saved with the template. I'll raise this as a bug with the team.

postfx_quickgroup.gif

Hello, thanks for raising the bug to the team. I guess i'll stick with the option that you suggest until the bug get fixed.

21 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Almost the quickest.

The quickest is to change the setting with a single mouse click and drag using the Smart Swipe feature.

Just click and hold on the first one you want to change, then swipe across the other ones, then release. Done.

I used to use Quick Groups all the time for changing button states, before I stumbled across Smart Swipe in the documentation. Now all button states get Smart Swipe if they support it.

Some things that can't be Quick Grouped can be Smart Swiped, like all the buttons in the Hardware Outputs panel. So handy for changing the fader lock button.

And thank you for you too, i didn't know Cakewalk have that kind of feature as well. This can be handy in certain cases. <3