Audio clips disassociating with audio

jono grant

I'm having a strange issue where I have a file with some wave files in it. I save and close the session. When I reopen, the clips are blank, no message about missing audio. Audio is still in the project's audio folder.  The clips are titled but they no longer associate with the audio in the audio folder. I'm able to reconstruct the file by re-importing the waves but this is strange!

Could it be a new bug?  What else could be happening? (This isn't the standard issue where CW can't find files because of a missing or relocated audio folder...)

Thanks

Jono

• 3 weeks later...

This happened again. I think the major issue is that Cakewalk is opening the file without saying there are silent regions or missing audio.  Just a bunch of empty clips where the music used to be.  If I right-click to check the associated wave file properties, there's nothing in the list.

The audio files are sitting there but Cakewalk has no idea and doesn't realize it has empty clips.

This isn't good! :( 

On 9/28/2020 at 6:31 AM, Kalle Rantaaho said:

It's unclear to me whether the audio/clips are audible or silent in your case?  Clips missing waveform image can still play back normally.

Ya, no playback, just an empty clip. This isn't a case of the old missing audio because the audio got moved or renamed. It's just disassociating the audio from the session altogether.  Never seen this is all my cakewalk years (or decades...yipes!)

On 9/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, martsave martin s said:

if you bounce to clip does it re-draw the clip,as Kalle say does it play the sound still?

No, it won't rebuild or play. I have to physically go to the audio folder, retrieve the audio and snap it to the empty clips so it lines up.

• 1 year later...
On 10/1/2020 at 3:03 PM, jono grant said:

No, it won't rebuild or play. I have to physically go to the audio folder, retrieve the audio and snap it to the empty clips so it lines up.

Hello
I'm facing the same issues currently on versap 2022.02
Did you get the explanation for this problem?

I had comparable issues with CbB on my major pc (unfortunately I don't use the newest CbB there). It happened several times that when I moved the first transient in an audio clip to the left that the clip contents disappeared. First I tried undo to no avail! Then I thought it could be the wave image problem only, but there was also no sound from the clip at all! Very annoying! ☹️

Luckily the clip was available somewhere else (1000 copies that's the solution!), but I had to redo all my Audio Snap changes again!