Sunrise

Fred's Gratis Scores

[Graphics fixed for embedding!]

Sunrise by Fred's Gratis Scores

A light piano starts this piece as it builds with strings, woodwinds and horns to an ending full of vocals.

This piece is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC-BY). 
Stems available at: www.bandlab.com/freds_gratis_scor…/sunrise-95ac3baf

Instruments used in this piece:
- Audio Imperia Nucleus Lite Edition
- Spitfire Audio BBC Orchestra Discover
- Realitone Realivox Blue
- Bixonic Audio Keyzone Classic
- SONiVOX Big Bang Orchestral Percussion

Edited by Fred's Gratis Scores
Noted grphics fixed.
  • Like 5

Very nicely done -- I particularly like the way it switched gears around 2:10 -- my only nit is the synth vox -- I think by now those synth choir voice things are archaic and should be retired -- my opinion of course, who knows?  Anyway, good work~~Allan.

On 9/6/2020 at 11:10 AM, ABull said:

Very nicely done -- I particularly like the way it switched gears around 2:10 -- my only nit is the synth vox -- I think by now those synth choir voice things are archaic and should be retired -- my opinion of course, who knows?  Anyway, good work~~Allan.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate your comment on the synth vox - the single vocal is Realitone's Blue and the choir is SoundIron's Requium Lite, both are modern sampled libraries. Perhaps I need to pay more attention to their presentation/EQ so they don't sound so synth-y. I'm almost certain I didn't quite have the vocal expression figured out yet in this piece, so the natural vocal swells most likely weren't right and that could have contributed as well.

Actually, my biggest nit was too much hammer sound in the piano, and I couldn't EQ it out enough without totally destroying the piano. It's a fairly good free piano library, but that sound bugs me, enough that it motivated me to ditch it in favor of a purchased a piano library where I can control the [pedal, hammer, etc] sounds. Now I just use the free one for sketching.

Anyway, I digress. Thanks for the comments everyone!

• Great Idea 1

Ten seconds in and I'm thinking soundtrack to Lord of the Rings or something similarly epic. A stirring theme as all get out.
What I like is the melodic elements that make it more than new age ambient and much more listenable.  I was a little surprised to see Realivox Blue in there, a VST that I own but have never used (yet). Great job on this!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

Ten seconds in and I'm thinking soundtrack to Lord of the Rings or something similarly epic. A stirring theme as all get out.
What I like is the melodic elements that make it more than new age ambient and much more listenable.  I was a little surprised to see Realivox Blue in there, a VST that I own but have never used (yet). Great job on this!

Thanks! Blue is very recognizable, isn't she? I just recognized her in another BandLab artist songs. 

You may have already noticed that she has a sweet range that I try to stay in, otherwise she doesn't sound natural, a bit limiting in my opinion. I'd love to get Merethe Soltvedt, but that would require the purchase of the full version of Kontakt on top of the price of the library and I'm still on a budget (hence why I got Blue). I do think it's cool that Blue and sing faux words and phrases though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I missed this .. until now ! So many instrumentals posted here with, IMO, very little thought other than the usual synth mash up ... so I always listen ( usually for a few bars) but never comment 'cause to me they usually leave me cold. This has thought and timings that give movement, it really is a lovely bit of work and I love it ! The build, mix and overall 'feel' makes it worth that 2nd and more listen ..So well done mate ... for what that's worth.

• Thanks 1