My new video: EZBASS vs ujam's VIRTUAL BASSIST (Not a Deal)

Reid Rosefelt

Yup, nice video! Completely agree with the 'don't sell your bass part'. As a guitarist, getting a nice bass was one of the best gear-related decisions I've ever made. Not to mention that it saves you A LOT of time when recording, no matter how good bass VIs are. I only use the latter when traveling or when needing something 'different' (e.g. I have/use UJAM's upright bass, it's awesome!). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, abacab said:

Very nice Reid! Thank you for the effort!

I was particularly interested in the duet you did with the strummed acoustic and the UJAM bass. I can see the potential for that! I was wondering how best to sync up the bass changes with existing tracks, and this looks like an intriguing solution!

Can you please provide some details of that setup? I can guess, but it would be nice to know how you routed the MIDI and setup the UJAM bass...

Thank you @abacab  That's my favorite part too.

It was simple.  I just loaded both of them and selected both tracks.  In Cubase, when you select more than one track, they both play.

It just so happens that the keyswitches in Picked Acoustic only go so low.  And if you pick lower notes, you can change bass patterns without affecting Picked Acoustic.  Picked Acoustic is my favorite guitar VI anyway.  😄

I started out trying to make it work with ujam guitars, but it got too complicated when changing the bass part changed the guitar parts.  I realized later on that it would have been easy to set up a split.  Probably I should have matched Mellow with Silk.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fitzroy said:

Yup, nice video! Completely agree with the 'don't sell your bass part'. As a guitarist, getting a nice bass was one of the best gear-related decisions I've ever made. Not to mention that it saves you A LOT of time when recording, no matter how good bass VIs are. I only use the latter when traveling or when needing something 'different' (e.g. I have/use UJAM's upright bass, it's awesome!). 

Mellow is probably my favorite product that ujam sells. I think that the ujam technology really shines in Mellow. 

One thing that inspired this video is that I have been saying for a while on this forum and on VI:Control, that the basses are my favorite things they sell.  Also it was an excuse to become more expert in using EZBass. 

• Like 3