Silent Synths

I have been having this problem for some time now. My go to synth is Rapture Pro, and some times it will just go silent. Today i found if I freeze the track, I can see no audio, just straight lines. After un freezing the track will play normal, for the first pass. Playing it again, it goes back to silents. So I tried freezing, unfreezing, and freezing again. On the 2nd freeze,I can see the audio in the track and it will play fine. I tried this with SI strings and had the same problem, and same results results.

I am using CbB Version 2020.5 build 039, 64bit    windows 10 pro

I have had the same problem with previous versions of CbB

On 9/5/2020 at 1:47 AM, Olive2sing said:

All are working except 1 RP, and SI strings.

RPN and NRPN MIDI events will kill these synths dead in their tracks - requiring a reload.

Go into the Plugin Properties for these VSTis and select "Do not intercept NRPNs"

Thanks Promidi, I had tried that and it didn't help. Sunday I updated the drivers on my graphics cards and the problem went away. At least for an hour Sunday. I got back in the studio today, and it's been working for the past hour or so. I pray it keeps working.

I wanted to update the driver for my audio interface, but found MOTU hasn't come out with a new driver for the ultraLite mk3, in 5 years. I went with MOTU because my experience was, they supported products for a long time. I wonder if at some point I have to use ASIO4all. Or face the cash register at sweetwater.

Dave G.