Stunted Records

Annoying volume drop when looping

Does anyone else have this issue ?  When setting up a loop on a section of a track so that individual takes can be soloed and edited, it becomes apparent after a while that the overall track playback level drops by 3-4db for no apparent reason. As well as the volume drop their appears to be a loss of clarity in the overall sound.

It's really frustrating as the only way to recover the track is to close it and reopen, if it is saved first then the calrity / volume issue is preserved.

This has happened on a number of occassions and in one instance when I did a save before closing I had to go back to an earlier version of the track and redo all the work I had done on it.

I used to use Auto Save and found it really useful but even that causes issues now, my friend and I have found that it can freeze the track and make mouse commands unresponsive, again resulting in a close down and lost work. For now auto save is turned off but it seems like there are some fairly major bugs in Cakewalk now.

Any ideas anyone ......this is still happening on the latest version of Cakewalk.

I was editing guitar takelanes within a set loop and suddenly realised that the midi drums had gone very quiet. I don't know what is causing this as I havent touched any of the midi settings or levels. I can't get the drums back to how they should be without closing the file unsaved and starting all over again, incredibly frustrating as I lose all the work I have done

No one else having this issue  ?- it happens every time I set up a loop and zoom in to audition and edit take lanes...all fine initially but theb after a few passes I suddenly realise that the midi drums have lost punch and volume...even though I've not touched them.

This never used to happen, started the update before last and still doing it on the latest version.

Having used Cakewalk for years this is becoming a deal breaker for me as it makes comping and take lanes unusable because once it happens I can't save the file as the issue with midi becomes embedded, so I have to close and lose my work.