whoisp

1st song on cakewalk - wisdom of a angel

This is a beautiful song that deserves to be heard.  I'm reminded of the 90's band Live in the vocal department, which is good because I liked them a lot.  I'm missing some degree of "punch" here and there for contrast, but overall, this song satisfies me.  With an adjustment or two, this mix is on the edge of being stellar.  Good work!

• Like 1

Great song ! You've got a U2 feel to it , especially near the end. I  I can't wait to hear what else you come up with If this was your first CbB song.  If you ask for suggestions or help with a mix when you post it , the people here are great about pointing out issues you song has , that you may not notice.  Lots of people here remix a few times using suggestions , then add a video.  Good job and hope to hear more ..

• Like 1

Wow what a rich tapestry of sound, agree that parts of the mix could use more punch but there are some lovely tones on there. Very good work. Andy

Nice track musically, seems well played and captured.  Not sure what the subject mater of the lyrics is but I suspect I would not comment on them.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 1:33 AM, Wookiee said:

Not sure what the subject mater of the lyrics is

Often that's the mark of good songwriting, let the listener take it where he/she needs to go...

On 9/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, garybrun said:

Very nice for your first song

Well I doubt this is Agent P's first run at songwriting, but it does seem he has "bonded" with CbB.

A little crit (or not), I found the guitar "scratches" right and left at 2:11 and 2:14 a bit "jarring" (too loud),
but you returned to that (sorta) at 3:43 going into the outro so I get it; me, I turn it down a little.
Your song, your production...

👍

tom

just so Agent P knows, that's tom with a small "t"; lots of Toms on the forum

Really a beautiful song.  The vocals are very well done indeed.  This has a great commercial sound and sounds as if it should receive air play.

Nice production.   I would be interested in knowing the total number of tracks on this song, how many are instrumental and how many are vocal.  As others indicated, I don't think this is your first audio production.  Stellar arangement.

What a great voice!  I'll bet you have a good range.   Thank god for angels, no?  The acoustic guitar needs to be better articulated.  Sounds like it might be an ovation?  With a few improvements this'd be stellar like lynn said.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

The acoustic guitar needs to be better articulated.  Sounds like it might be an ovation?  With a few improvements this'd be stellar like lynn said.

@David Sprouse,   I agree.   @whoisp   The acoustic sounds like you used a built-in bridge piezo pickup.  You may want to consider using an external microphone to add a little wood to the acoustic sound.

Edited by Jim Fogle

I love this! Beautiful song and well produced for a first song especially.  Good voice also. The lyrics seem to be very positive but I'll have to listen again to catch them all