Cakewalk crash pressing play - version 26.08.0.100

whoisp

Question

Cakewalk crash pressing play - version 26.08.0.100 i am currently updating windows 10 to version 2004.  Problem, I Started a new project to rule out plugins or effects etc.  Second time i have used cakewalk, first project went OK, just not used for one week and not sure if a windows update caused a issue or something. Behringer UMC drivers seem good and stable. System Processor  AMD Ryzen 5 2500X Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor and 16GB RAM - SATA disks etc are well capable of running cakewalk.  Probably will reinstall after windows update. But if anyone had the same problem , any ideas, i will update later after updates!

4 answers to this question

Have you gone through all of your hardware (audio, graphics card, network, etc) and checked for the latest drivers.

Do this by actually visiting the hardware manufacturer's websites.  Don't rely on windows updates this.

Note: Even if you have told Windows 10 not to update drivers via Windows update, this is only honoured for Quality Updates, not Feature Updates (Windows 2020 is a feature update)

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 11:26 PM, Promidi said:

Have you gone through all of your hardware (audio, graphics card, network, etc) and checked for the latest drivers.

Do this by actually visiting the hardware manufacturer's websites.  Don't rely on windows updates this.

Note: Even if you have told Windows 10 not to update drivers via Windows update, this is only honoured for Quality Updates, not Feature Updates (Windows 2020 is a feature update)

Sorted, driver issue first time user.