HELP please with piano roll

Keanu Machado

Question

4 answers to this question

I open PRV. Set the Smart Tool to select, select the notes, Ctrl-C, change PRV to the other MIDI track (the existing notes turn transparent,) click on the start measure, Ctrl-V.

Just make sure you do go to the other track in the PRV. If necessary, in PRV select View -> Show/Hide Track Pane. The one you will paste to is the one with its name selected..

15 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

I open PRV. Set the Smart Tool to select, select the notes, Ctrl-C, change PRV to the other MIDI track (the existing notes turn transparent,) click on the start measure, Ctrl-V.

Just make sure you do go to the other track in the PRV. If necessary, in PRV select View -> Show/Hide Track Pane. The one you will paste to is the one with its name selected..

Thanks for answering,

I actually want to paste the notes into the same track, same clip. For now I copy paste into the same track, and it pastes the notes as a new clip on top of the other one. Then I select them and bounce which merges them together. It's not really a big deal now I've learned to do that but It's a bit of a pain that it pastes the notes as a new clip on top of the clip I'm currently editing. image.png.9ae9799137c0835f4248cddaad6049d0.png

As an example, the highlighted clip is the notes I copied and pasted. Instead of pasting the notes into the clip in the background (what I'm editing in PRV), it makes a new clip on top of it (highlighted). 

It's just weird why it started doing that, or maybe it has all along and I haven't noticed hehe.

Thanks for your help

Edited by Keanu Machado